2 Issues

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

2 Issues

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:34 pm

It does that when I route to my house too.

There are no connectivity issues and the house numbers are spot on yet it still puts the destination pin about 200yards before my house. :-(
iPhone 4S 32GB (Jailed) • iOS 7.1.0 • Waze 3.7.9.922 Beta
Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • iPhone Expert
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: 2 Issues

Postby dmcconachie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:50 am

How are you routing to your house? If you are just routing to your address there is every chance the house numbers do not even exist on the street so it will route you to the midpoint of the road.

Or have you set a placemark at your house?
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby hallmike » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Post a permalink and we will take a look at the area
Image ...when you care enough to Waze the very best
hallmike

Postby Timbones » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:46 am

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

1. Are you logging in to http://world.waze.com ? Make sure you've selected your country on the homepage before hand.

2. Check that all the roads near your house are connected. Use the "[_] Highlight Connectivity" option on the View panel. You can select two roads and "Connect roads by order of selection", or select the junction and click on "Enable all turns".

See the Wiki for more on how to edit the maps. There is a lot of useful information, which I recommend you take the time to look at. > http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Editing

I hope that helps...
Last edited by Timbones on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour Highlights v1.8 (Feb 2014)WME Route Tester
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

2 Issues

Postby zachb10 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:30 am

Hello all. Couple questions- first, occasionally when I log into the website, it shows everything in kilometers instead of miles. I see no way to change this; any idea how to fix? Eventually it shows up in miles again but it's irritating.

Second- I need to edit the map around my house. It says I have arrived at my destination a full 3 blocks or so before I am actually at the correct house number. What would be the best procedure for correcting this?

Thanks in advance!

Zach
zachb10

Postby zachb10 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Thank you for the welcome and fast responses! I will check the connectivity of the roads. However it looks like there is also a road that is not existent on the map and it also tries to take me on some weird route when leaving my house (completely wrong). My Garmin is also completely wrong at my house - they both say I am arriving in the same area so I do not think it's just a Waze problem. The Garmin does the routing correctly though. Weird because I have been at the location for 2 years and even did a map update on the Garmin.

So far I'm loving Waze - it's really a cool concept and works great on the iPad 2.
zachb10

Return to Website, Community, General