Hej fra Vejle! [engelsk]

Post by Dwev
[Cross-posted from the general Community forum]

Hello,

My Danish is okay, but I'm more comfortable in English, I hope that's not a problem in this forum!

I have been using Waze for a while now, and am starting to get into editing. I'm originally from near Melbourne, Australia, but live in Denmark now. I often travel to other countries for my job, and when driving, Waze is always with me.

I'm interested in contributing edit and new places around where I live, as well as helping the community with update requests etc.

I also note that the Denmark wazeopedia is empty (!) although there is some information in the old wiki. While my Danish is rather poor, I'm happy to contribute to an English Denmark Wazeopedia...

Is there somewhere I can see the hierarchy for Denmark with CMs, AMs, RMs etc?

Anyway, working on my edits to get to the next level. It's not easy when most of the map is in good condition. I guess house numbers are the easiest edits I can do to level up?

I look forward to working with you!

Cheers,
Dwev
Dwev
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

POSTER_ID:17535368

Send a message
Area Manager: Vejle/Billund, Denmark
https://s.waze.tools/c1s.png

Post by Dwev
Thanks Claus.

Should I add speed limits for all the local roads within city limits (50km/h), even if they don't have signposts?

I also notice there are a lot of roads without a town. Should I update those as well?
wazenocity.png
(17.56 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Cheers,
Guy

PS: Are you able to review some of my place edits?
Permalink: https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=r ... =145085217
Dwev
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message
Area Manager: Vejle/Billund, Denmark
https://s.waze.tools/c1s.png

Post by George1167
Hi Dwew

Welcome as an editor in Denmark.

If you have any questions about editing og need to get roads unlocked, just leave a message here in the forum or use the chat function in the editor.

Wiki.
I have noticed that the Wiki is hard to find after Waze launched Wazeopedia. I have planned to update the information in the old Wiki and move it to the Wazeopedia. You´re welcome to make a english version afterwoods.

CM, AM etc.
There´s no lists of AMs.
nogetandet is CM i Denmark.

Most of the roads are already mapped, but a lot of them, especially outside the cities, has no speed limit registered. Use Google Streetview to find the correct speed. This will get you some edits and knowledge of the editor.

Regards
Claus
George1167
Send a message

Post by George1167
Hi Dwev

The City field should be filled on all the roads inside the city limit.

You have to look at Google Streetview (where available) to see the speed limit. There´s a lot of roads with higher or lower speed limit than the general speed limits (50 in city / 80 outside city).
In Waze we do not use advisory speed limit (squared blue sign with white text), only the round red/white sign with black text.

I´ll look at your places. You will get a mail from Waze, when enough places has been approved.
--
Claus
George1167
Send a message