Parts of Wellington Still Submerged

Post by kiwidroid
I know this is an old bug thats been around for some time now.

Why are all of these places submerged? Is there anything we can do to fix it?

Frankly its becoming a real annoyance, and its starting to put me off the waze app completely.

Any ideas?

http://snag.gy/J8qFY.jpg
kiwidroid

POSTER_ID:2777808

Send a message

Post by SMLol379
Will do! I advise not looking at the live map and editor for San Francisco (on the USA server). You'll go green with envy over the obviously vastly, vastly higher resolution coastline data there! Heck, unless I'm missing something, their base coastline data only gets rough when it's mapping the individual jetties within a marina -- that's right, no the marina as a whole, but the individual jetties!

(However, I think the editors here (before me) can be justly proud - it's gratifiying to note just how little speed limit information is present in San Francisco!). :D

BTW, the update request about Murawai is here.
SMLol379
Send a message

Post by SMLol379
Just a note, if we create islands, it's worth not giving them names! (Real islands excepted, of course.) Just looked at an UR of
There seems to be a Temp Island fix label out near Muriwai Auckland
What I've been doing is (a) leaving the name blank, and (b) adding "Temp Landmass Fix" to the description. (Any words in the 'name' will be visible on the map in the app!) I figure leaving the Alternate Names blank reduces the changes of polluting the search results, but I suppose we could put text there too?)

(I can't fix this particular one as it's outside of my editing area.)
SMLol379
Send a message

Post by SMLol379
Kiwidroid: Creating such islands has certainly helped the coastline in Onehunga, Auckland. It worked there, so it should work further south too!

If I'm reading it right, ispyisail loaded that 'island' for Paekakariki on the 2nd of April, which won't be included yet (last map tile update was edits as at "as at March 29, 2016 11:30 UTC" or 00:30 am March 30, NZDT, five days ago now. Check status.waze.com)

(I also cynically wonder if Kiwis are just used to bad data from offshore-based services so don't bother complaining, which is why we don't get so many issues reported? After all, even Apple Maps has the same issue in places!)
SMLol379
Send a message

Post by kiwidroid
Looks like this has been fixed now (kapiti Coast), thanks guys.
kiwidroid
Send a message

Post by kiwidroid
deanonzl wrote:Can confirm it works a treat!
We can reclaim the coastline... :P
Looks like somebody has tried fixing up around Paekakariki/Paraparaumu (Northern Wellington kapiti Coast), but it does not seem to have had any effect. :cry: :cry:

https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=15&la ... =174.95985
kiwidroid
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
BTW, the update request about Murawai is here.
fixed.

When you think about it, the amount of work we have done is crazy

As time goes on we are slowly increasing the resolution.

@SMLol379
While we are speaking of increased resolution you know to avoid creating slipways and dual carriage roads.

When we start mapping it seams like a good idea but over time its makes the map look like rubbish and serves very little navigation value.
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message