Post by ispyisail
What do you guys think of speed limits?

I'm a little under whelmed.

I was hoping for a constant warning noise over the per determined threshold.

I would have liked to see the actual speed limit displayed on the screen at all times as an option. Only displays over when over the speed limit
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Mike_Kiwi
ispyisail wrote:What do you guys think of speed limits?

I'm a little under whelmed.

I was hoping for a constant warning noise over the per determined threshold.

I would have liked to see the actual speed limit displayed on the screen at all times as an option. Only displays over when over the speed limit
Agreed. My wish list would be:
  1. Show the speed limit all the time not just when exceeded so we can check it against reality
  2. Optional to select single warning at the threshold or a constant warning while over
  3. Allow a threshold setting in line with NZ law enforcement (eg, 5km/h or 10km/h over rather than 10%)
  4. Link to the vehicle's engine management system to set the speed limiter for me, with driver override of course. (Hey, it is a wish list!)
Mike_Kiwi
Send a message

Post by SMLol379
ispyisail wrote:I would have liked to see the actual speed limit displayed on the screen at all times as an option. Only displays over when over the speed limit
I agree it should be an user selectable option, but in the meantime, have you tried the "##@debugspeed" search code? It jams on the display of the current speed limit, and it works for me.

(For those that don't know, https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Search_codes gives these magic codes that can switch on and off some advanced features in the client app. I know that pages says ##@debugspeed only works on beta, but it seems to work okay for me!)
SMLol379
Send a message

Post by Toulman85
deanonzl wrote:Especially once you realized throttling was a handbrake....
haha for the uninitiated what do you mean by that?
Toulman85
Send a message