Reworking a couple of intersections in Christchurch

Post by David_Merriman
Hi there, I'm thinking about reworking a couple of intersections here in Christchurch, and wanted to get some feedback on the best way to proceed before attacking anything.

The offending two intersections are here:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... TTTTTTTTFT

Specifically the intersections of QEII Drive & Innes Rd, and QEII Drive & Marshland Rd.

My reasons for wanting to change these are:

1. The QEII/Marshland intersection used to be a roundabout, but has (as of last week) become a 'proper' straight-through intersection with traffic lights.

2. The QEII/Innes Rd roundabout never gives me correct driving instructions when I approach from Innes Rd - it always says "In X hundred meters, at the roundabout...", then nothing, no "take the 2nd exit", or "turn right", just silence. I suspect that the layout there is a bit too confusing for it to work out correctly.

My thoughts are:

1. Recombine the two separate East/West lanes into a single two-way road, (as it is on the outer edges of the map), and have single roads entering/exiting the Innes Rd roundabout.

2. Repurpose the current top-most lane as a short one-way 'bypass', but rejoining the main road just after the roundabout.

3. Possibly get rid of the West-heading 'exit' lane joining QEII and Innes Rd ?

4. Restructure the QEII/Marshland intersection as four single roads joining in the standard '+' layout.

Does this sound reasonable, or are there things here I'm overlooking or unaware of ?

Feedback would be most welcome.

TIA,
David
David_Merriman

POSTER_ID:7184540

Send a message

Post by David_Merriman
Sorry for not replying earlier, I haven't checked the forum for a while and didn't get a notification that anyone had replied to my original post.

Thanks for that, looks good :) I was intending to change it myself but you beat me to it :)

Thanks,
David
David_Merriman
Send a message

Post by David_Merriman
Works much better now, I actually get proper driving directions :)

David
David_Merriman
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
Does this sound reasonable, or are there things here I'm overlooking or unaware of ?
Yes and yes

Keep it simple

Through experience I found that Waze works best with simple segments
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
I was going to edit as per your suggestions, started to editing then found I don't have any rights to Christchurch :(

Need to fix that
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
changed

see if that works any better?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by pcp192
I'll try driving it when I'm down there in September to see how it goes :-)
pcp192
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///Vbw2U[/img] [img]https:///MnAzv[/img]

Post by stuartwhelan
I did both of those intersections a while ago, and agree they need to be redone, thanks for stepping up!

The QEII/Innes Rd intersection didn't work out the way I had hopped.
stuartwhelan
Send a message