Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Average Speed Camera

Post by The-Organist
I'm quite intreagued by this option under speed for a particular road. From the reading on other forums, the best I can gather is that maybe this is used to determine the speed of the road, based on the average speed of people travelling on it (GPS tracks I assume?) - it actually has nothing to do with Speed Cameras?

Or, is it related to the new tech speed cameras which take a numberplate photo at one point and at another point and calculate the driver's average speed? https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... rk-1149790

Am I thinking right? What would be a circumstance when we would use this for editing?
The-Organist

POSTER_ID:11217958

Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by The-Organist on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by deanonzl
They are used in some countries overseas, the measure the start & stop point of a stretch of road, giving "average speed"
Don't think we have any yet.
deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand

Post by deanonzl
Yes, once it is set.
deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand

Post by The-Organist
So, when they happen in NZ (I think they are going to happen according to news articles I've heard) - a stretch of road with these on them, we would mark with that checkbox, I guess...
The-Organist
Send a message