Post by finshona
What happens in rural areas that don't have a state highway running through them?
Are they not worth appearing on the map?
Why do townies like names of rural areas only to appear in one place?

I'm starting to feel rather dejected I have to say, I get that routing may not be so important in rural areas - though probably those people that were stranded for 4 hours after my car accident may have liked to be able to work out that there was another way out of Ararimu lol. That is of course if they could have worked out where they were at all as lets face it Ararimu wont be showing on the map. There are no State Highways there.
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
Oh also Ararimu doesn't have any 50km speed restricted areas.
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
No State Highway, no 50km/h speed restricted area = no name on Waze. No Ararimu, Hunua will not show on the map above 100m's as it's 50km restricted area is on a street, not a primary or SH road. Paparimu will not appear on the map, no SH or speed restrictions at all. So you will have Papakura, then a very vast gap till you get to Maramarua.

I am sure that the area I lived in and its surrounds will not be the only areas in NZ to be affected by your weird naming scheme.

Oh bullshit by the way it comes up as Ararimu, Auckland
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
tone it down a bit dude
Sorry I saw that and literally wrote what I thought, lets blame it on a lack of filters :D
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
No Mangatawhiri either it doesn't have a 50k zone.
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
Actually I don't believe Maramarua has a 50km/h zone either, though I could be wrong about that one, I haven't driven down every road out there. So you might have to wait till you get to Matamata before you actually find yourself somewhere.

So to solve the problem of Patea being in the wrong place we will lose a huge number of areas altogether, great solution :lol:
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
Seriously, this makes no sense. If I can think of several rural areas that will just disappear off the map without a trace then there must be 100's that are going to be affected similarly.
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
This is not a solution. It is a new problem. You were trying to fix Patea remember, now you've lost a quarter of the country! That is not a solution, not a cludge, this is just a new problem!
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
Waze doesn't care if an area is urban or rural right?

So why are we fixated on it?
finshona
Send a message

Post by finshona
Urban layer? City Layer?

Where have these names/labels come from?
Waze has no differentiation for urban or rural. It doesn't need too. Why do we?
finshona
Send a message