Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by ispyisail
you right, at a glance some parts looked better that others.
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
There's going to be some great new roads to map as the work progresses on the new highways!
true
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by kiwilad30
Hi all

I've been added as area manager for north-east hamilton, i live over that area and get out & about quite a bit. I'm going to make a mission of getting as much of the new subdevisions mapped out and updated. so far though, some larger chunks that i have mapped already still have not shown up...
kiwilad30
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kiwilad30
Is anyone else still active here? = I've seen a couple of local users show up on map while i'm driving around, but the forum seems kinda' dead :(
kiwilad30
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kiwilad30
combination of driving (have customers out there :) ) and 'other map sources' - started work on Raglan now... bit of a mess there!
Next mission = Rotorua (which looks maybe 50% so far) :geek:
kiwilad30
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kiwilad30
i'm not planning on heading down there for a wee while..
Thankfully there is reasonable Bing imagery for Rotorua, but it's a few meters off GPS coordinates.

I've run out of enthusiasm lately - bit bummed out with my Galaxy S crashing frequently :twisted:
kiwilad30
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kiwilad30
I believe waze is the problem.

I didnt have any problems with waze 2.x - immediately suffered lock-up and restarts with Waze 3.x
It appears to be a common problem with the Galaxy S - it's a work phone, and not due for upgrade for a wee while yet either...

Can't quite work out what causing problem - submit logs every time,
Performed a factory reset and format SD card on phone with no updates/installs - still crashes... <sigh>

I wanna' love my waze, but it's getting complicated....
kiwilad30
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kiwilad30
i'm running 3.0.2.8 => flakey... <sigh>
kiwilad30
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kiwilad30
I'd have to admit to starting out (with waze) with a bit of a 'how hard can it be' attitude - and have been guilty of a few messy bits.
Map editing takes a bit of understanding and discipline, and a lot of time!

I rekon the Hamilton map is pretty well sorted now, just some of the new areas requiring the thankless task of finding street names.

I've added the new SH1 segment from Horotui through to Avalon Drv which i believe is due to be open by December. The new section of Wairere Drv ring-road had a wee balls-up with a disconnected node, and should be sorted with the next map upload.

Also, PCP192 - can you either unlock or edit SH1 Te Rapa / McKee St intersection https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&l ... =163819671

Locking = bad imho...
kiwilad30
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kiwilad30
Damn - looks like the last map update has wiped out the last month or two's worth of edits (for Hamilton at least)
the Wairere Drv extension and roundabout is missing, along with several other edits i made over Sept/Oct...
Check your edits - i suspect Waze have had a foo-bar.. :mrgreen:
kiwilad30
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message