Napier

Post by amartinnz
I've just finished changing Marine Parade in Napier back from a dual carriageway. Not only dual carriageway where not needed, but also non-routable due to changes by an Australian level 4 editor?

The same editor also "broke" several other junctions in Napier, and I can't see any reason for the changes.

I really wish Waze would allow us to make notes on the map, visible to other editors...
amartinnz
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:1203432

Send a message
Location - Hamilton
Area Manager - New Zealand

Post by amartinnz
It looks like the same editor was the last person to modify almost every single road in Napier, yet I can't see any changes from a screenshot I have from mid last year?

Is this some sort of "point farming"?
amartinnz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Location - Hamilton

Post by amartinnz
I sent the editor a PM, and he replied saying that he was aligning the roads with the aerial images. I have now sent him a reply explaining that the aerial images are in accurate, and that I have driven this area extensively.

I'm not going to bother trying to fix it all, I can't win on this.
amartinnz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Location - Hamilton

Post by amartinnz
The only way I had to tell was the roads I had recorded in the area on my mobile all showed up as slightly to one side of the aerial images, but since people started adding the roads via the WME rather than recording them, it is now much more difficult to tell. Most of the roads I recorded in the area were deleted early last year and replaced by WME drawn roads.

In Hastings Waze often thinks I am already through junctions when I am not, I fixed the alignment on many of these junctions last year, but someone has since moved them all back to match the aerial images.

It seems like almost all of the towns around NZ are being mapped to the aerial images, rather than being recorded from the client for accuracy, which was the primary method back when I started Wazing.
amartinnz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Location - Hamilton

Post by Antmannz
From what I've seen alignment of gps points to the aerials is far closer now with Google maps compared to the old Bing maps.

I always have GPS points on and make sure the roads are aligned with them (where they are available).
Antmannz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
Some powerful scripts have started to come into play.

The trend has always been and is more so now that the higher editors get more power and the ability to points farm. This is a bit unfortunate because the higher editors have the ability get get more points faster.

Having said that what they are doing is real work with real value.

In this case i'm 90% sure and its happened to me as ps_au that a low editors makes poor edits, We (higher editors) come alone with our mass edit tools making small changes but it puts our names as the last person who edited that segment,
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
amartinnz wrote:I sent the editor a PM, and he replied saying that he was aligning the roads with the aerial images. I have now sent him a reply explaining that the aerial images are in accurate, and that I have driven this area extensively.

I'm not going to bother trying to fix it all, I can't win on this.
Are the GPS points working now?

can you send us an example with link

If we know where we can use the Arial shifter for maps................
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
It looks like its 20m out?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&zo ... TFTTTTTTTT

I'm not sure what to do about that, I could change it but somebody will just change it back.

Thoughts?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
My thoughts are to move highways and primary then lock them. Level 3?

Then find all level 3 editors in NZ and send them a PM.

Add a sticky to the forum

ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by nzhook
Looks like they are still doing it as there are some which have been modified today, have you PM'ed the editor to ask how their trip in Napier is going? They may also not have been the culprit for why it was incorrectly set just the last person to modify it.
nzhook
Send a message
Area Manager - Taranaki, New Zealand
Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) - Gingerbread (Andriod 2.3.5)
New Zealand - Waze Client Beta Tester