NEW ZEALAND ROADING STANDARDS

Post by ispyisail
Hi all

There are about to be some changes for Waze NZ do you want to be involved!

Fortunately or unfortunately Waze lets each county make its own rules for road construction. The rules in NZ have been a little loose.

In Oz the rules are set generally (not always) set by a select few in a private forum section.

I personally have never been that keen on that set-up as I feel is not inclusive of the whole community

I know a lot of you don't visit the forum very often and that can also be a problem.

One solution is to create a Google group which anybody on the NZ server can join and when a topic comes up and email will be sent out to all those who are interested in creating a consensus and solutions for Waze NZ

I'm trying to be as inclusive as possible

(Edit)
I created a google group
Waze New Zealand

Code: Select all

Apply for membership
Enter Your Waze user name in this box

You can send additional information to the manager by filling in the text box below.

ispyisail
Can you change you username/handle to your waze username.

Thoughs

ispyisail

Edit: The post is now out of date 2/11/2015
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:5851995

Send a message

Post by airbus-heavy
Am Happy to contribute as long as there are options to share, communicate in an easy way... am all for it.
airbus-heavy
Send a message

Post by amartinnz
I'm happy with either Google Groups, or just using this existing forum.
amartinnz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Location - Hamilton
Area Manager - New Zealand

Post by Antmannz
I think having it fairly open is a good idea, but then it's still going to probably be the regular few that contribute.

/shrug.
Antmannz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Antmannz
on the dotted line ??

:P
Antmannz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by darquel
ispyisail wrote:
Antmannz wrote:I think having it fairly open is a good idea, but then it's still going to probably be the regular few that contribute.

/shrug.
That's most likely true, but I think it important that the process is fair and transparent.
I think it's fair that anyone who wants to voice their opinion should be able to do so without going through a third party to voice any concerns or suggestions for improvements.
ispyisail wrote:Fortunately or unfortunately Waze lets each county make its own rules for road construction. The rules in NZ have been a little loose.
Can you give an example of these rules, just so we know what kinds of changes this group would give their input towards?
darquel
Send a message
iPhone 5 - iOS 7.0.4

Post by darquel
I visit the forums once a day, although I have noticed that the New Zealand forums are rather tucked in (Oceania forum group, which Australia is also a part of yet is not in the group)...

Makes it kinda hard to find initially given the inconsistency (Europe has the same thing going as well).

Didn't know this forum existed until ispyisail directed a PM link here.
darquel
Send a message
iPhone 5 - iOS 7.0.4

Post by gungsan0
I think it is a good idea to have the Google group so anyone who is interested or devoted in making the better Waze in New Zealand will be easily be in a loop for any upcoming issues or discussions.
gungsan0
Send a message
- CJ - (gungsan0)
AM - Auckland, NZ
iPhone 5s - iOS 7.0.4

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by haluca
I haven't done any editing in a year, but it strikes me that doing it via a Google group (or similar) just provides another barrier to the information? If someone doesn't read the forum, why would they join a group?
haluca
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
Of coarse we could move the the Australian Model were a lot of decisions are made in a private section?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message