This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Volunteers Needed: Puerto Rico Project

by vectorspace
We are pulling together a team to help bring Puerto Rico's map up to a basic level of service for the population there. If you'd like to help in this project please send me a PM. Come join the fun, do some quality editing, get some points, and see a different region. We are looking for Rank-3 and above, but if you're just below this and have quality edits, I will consider it too! You do not have to speak Spanish to participate. Communications with locals can be accommodated through your English and a Google Translated version. You do have to be sensitive to ensuring the map is focused on a Spanish-speaking population. This will be a team effort. The group of editors will communicate in a Google Hangout and via other means so we work on this together. Once we have the team members, the structure will be more clear. I'll be coordinating the team and working closely with txemt, the Regional Coordinator, on making this project happen. I've coordinated with Waze staff. Everyone accepted into this effort will obtain an area to edit in Puerto Rico that may be a region or the whole island depending on their skill how we manage this effort. Our objectives are (1) to bring the map to a basic level of completeness and (2) grow the local editing population and leadership there so they can take over ongoing maintenance of the Puerto Rico map. So-- send me a PM if interested!
vectorspace
Answers: 0
vectorspace
Post by arielorellana
I was recently in PR and have been doing a bit of work, I can help although my editing area is small and will expire in 3 months, as expected. The biggest problem I found is there's no street view and the fact that even the AM for San Juan leaves a big trail of no-name, no-city segments. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
arielorellana
Country Manager
Country Manager

Post by blakviper
Hi guys, how's PR coming along? you still need help? I can give a hand any now and then if needed.

Let me know..
blakviper
Country Manager
Country Manager
Eddie lives... somewhere in time!
Master of Puppets
[ img ] [ img ]
[ img ]

Post by coontex
Sorry to hear about all that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider

Post by EL-CORRE-CAMINOS
Buen dia... alguien me puede ayudar....?
No se que paso pero ya no puedo alertar ni editar..
Me dice que otros wazer me han marcado y quitaron mis orivilegios y ya no puedo hacer nada salvo conducir....si me restringieron quisiera saber por que
ni siquiera salgo en la lista de pocisiones... mi pocision dice "0"..... no pongo nada que no sea real y trato de añadir al mapa y editar lo mejor que puedo....agradecere alguien pueda ayudarme para seguir contribullendo a que otros wazer lleguen a su destino y eviten problemas en su csmino...

Post by Elias900
I wanna be a part of this project as Area Manager of Puerto Rico. How to get it?
Elias900

Post by Lexrav
Hi everyone!

I've been on Waze for about a year now and doing some editing too.
I saw this post today and I'm definitely interested in helping in any way I can.
I've been in PR for 15 years so I'm very familiar with many areas and I have some spare time too.

I know there's much more to learn about editing and I'm up to it!
Lexrav
Area Manager
Area Manager

Post by mauricioleonardi
vectorspace wrote:We are pulling together a team to help bring Puerto Rico's map up to a basic level of service for the population there. If you'd like to help in this project please send me a PM. Come join the fun, do some quality editing, get some points, and see a different region. We are looking for Rank-3 and above, but if you're just below this and have quality edits, I will consider it too!

You do not have to speak Spanish to participate. Communications with locals can be accommodated through your English and a Google Translated version. You do have to be sensitive to ensuring the map is focused on a Spanish-speaking population. This will be a team effort. The group of editors will communicate in a Google Hangout and via other means so we work on this together. Once we have the team members, the structure will be more clear.

I'll be coordinating the team and working closely with txemt, the Regional Coordinator, on making this project happen. I've coordinated with Waze staff. Everyone accepted into this effort will obtain an area to edit in Puerto Rico that may be a region or the whole island depending on their skill how we manage this effort.

Our objectives are (1) to bring the map to a basic level of completeness and (2) grow the local editing population and leadership there so they can take over ongoing maintenance of the Puerto Rico map.

So-- send me a PM if interested!

Hello, I from Brazil, level 3, would like to join the team to assist in Puerto Rico.
Thanks for being helpful
Maurício
mauricioleonardi
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Post by mauricioleonardi
U-turn, are allowed in Puerto Rico?
Some users edit worldwide server and does not USA only. Did you know?
mauricioleonardi
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Post by mauricioleonardi
txemt wrote:Ok, everyone. You can now log into the NA server by going to Puerto Rico and find your editing area. I checked this morning and all areas except one have been approved. If you click on "editable area" you'll be able to find the area pretty quickly. These areas are in a block shape in the center of the territory and in various shapes along the water. There are only 3 people assigned to the San Juan area while everyone else is assigned to different sections of the island.

Please read the plan for editing on the island. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. More info may be coming soon on proper road naming.

Happy editing in Puerto Rico.

Ok, thanks for the opportunity.
I realized that I am enabled to Ponce.
U-turn, allowed?
Thank you.
mauricioleonardi
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor