Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by citeman
Disregard the whole thing, I'm a big fool! The segment ID's are important!
citeman
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
- CITEMAN
Remember to keep Wazing!

https://s.waze.tools/c5s.png https://j.mp/3aCaEGq https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... -01sml.png
Closure & Restrictions Fanatic

Post by davielde
There have been several issues recently with editors adding closures where the start date was a few weeks or months in the past, where the closure was "uploaded" by Waze but never took effect. If the closure started in the past, changing the start date to the current submission date and putting the "real" start date in the UR comments seems like it may be the best method. Even if the editors submitting the closure don't catch this and put in the current day for the start date, any Champ or SM confirming the closures and submitting to the Waze sheet should catch it.
davielde
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
CM: USA
SM: Michigan, Vermont
AM: Ann Arbor, MI & Thunder Bay, ON
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
CBenson wrote:Do have any confirmation that the prior start causes issues with the upload. The only closure that I've noticed where the upload didn't take effect, the start date was after the upload.
August rows 155, 164, 165, 167, and 168 were logged a few days ago by HavanaDay along with the hundred other good ones that he has entered. The only difference was the start date a few months ago. Closures did not reflect in the LiveMap or app as of last night even though the Waze status was "uploaded".

I changed the start dates from May to August last night, changed our status to "Updated Details", and as of this morning, the closures were in LiveMap and app after Waze updated the details.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by davielde
orbitc wrote:NEW!...Nodes ID's[/color][/b] - Use this when you need to block two ways segments but only for one direction. You need to add the node ID's ordered by the closure direction.
Thanks! I was wondering how that column was going to work when I saw it on the submission sheet.
davielde
Send a message
WME Michigan

Post by dmcrandall
PesachZ wrote:Yes "soon"
"Soon" (c) 2014 by Waze.com. No warranty is expressed or implied. Past lack of performance may be indicative of future results. This illustration may contain certain forward looking statements that may not represent actual future commitments or performance. This disclaimer is protected by copyright and its use, copying, distribution and decompilation is restricted. All rights reserved. No part of this disclaimer or any attachments may be copied or reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means, optical, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, telepathic, or otherwise, without the express witnessed and notarised prior written consent of the all holders of the relevant copyrights.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by dmcrandall on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dmcrandall
qwaletee wrote:You forgot:

No warranty is expressed or implied. Past lack of performance may be indicative of future results. This illustration may contain certain forward looking statements that may not represent actual future commitments or performance.
Thank you. I went back and added them.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by DoctorMew
Question--if we submitted a closure and it hasn't been done, what should we do? Submitted well over a week ago, and people are still posting about the section not being closed (Minneapolis/St. Paul area)? I have no idea who to contact. Haven't had a lot of luck :(
DoctorMew
Send a message

Post by DoctorMew
Will do right now! It is quite possible I did something wrong... :oops:

Just in case you were searching by location, can you look for Little Canada? Let me know--that's what the section is listed under so likely what I put. (if still isn't there, I'll re-report)

How about I give you more information--it is the exit 694 heading eastbound to 35E south. Submitted by myself :)

I-694 in Little Canada
Description: Repairing the ditch slope between eastbound I-694 and southbound I-35E
Construction Dates: Aug 18, 2014 - Oct 31,2014
Traffic Impacts: Long-term shoulder and lane closures on eastbound I-694 at southbound I-35E. Eastbound I-694 to southbound I-35E closed and detoured Aug 18 through Sept 18.
DoctorMew
Send a message

Post by DoctorMew
Here's a question--what do you do if you submitted a closure for a time period, but the closure opens earlier than expected?
DoctorMew
Send a message

Post by dude463
Is there something that's supposed to happen when we submit to this form? I can't see what's on it, I can't see what's already been addressed, and I get no confirmation other than the page refreshes with a thank you that I've even submitted it right. Sometimes the information you dig up to put on the form (the website with the actual official information) is pretty hard to track down, and if I go back later and haven't bookmarked the site I have to dig through again to find it, which takes time.

I'm under the impression that this is just a huge waste of time.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.