This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Segment 81220313 has major error

Post by KevinBlair79
Segment 81220313, PA Route 61 in Deer Lake has a major error. Traffic direction is incorrect. Should be one way going North but map has it reversed.
KevinBlair79

POSTER_ID:17022705

Send a message

Post by KevinBlair79
Actually, this whole section of PA Route 61 has major errors not reflecting current construction.
KevinBlair79
Send a message

Post by KevinBlair79
Thanks for the heads up about the Pennsylvania forum.
KevinBlair79
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
Hi, thanks so much for bringing this up. We are all volunteers here and are always looking for more help, especially people with local expertise.

When reporting a problem area, it's helpful to use something called a Permalink. To create one, simply select the segment you are talking about and then at the lower right corner of the screen there is a link icon. Put your mouse over it and then press CTRL-C or CMD-C to copy the link. Or you can click it and the page will refresh with the link in the address bar, then copy it out of the address bar. I usually do the latter to ensure I get the link correct.

It looks like this. In fact, this is the segment you are talking about.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=81220313

I do not have editing rights in your area. I am working on trying to find someone to get this fixed.

As for the other parts of 61 that are wrong, please go to the Pennsylvania forum and start up a discussion topic there regarding what needs to be corrected, especially if there is a lot of it that needs to be modified. Your input and "boots on the ground" knowledge will be very valuable to the process!
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
You're welcome.

By the way, the segment has been fixed and should be updated on the live maps by tonight.

If you're interested in helping out editing, that'd be great. It's a lot of fun and very rewarding. Here is a good reference page to get started.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Waze_Map_Editor/Welcome

Be sure to use the chat window. People there are always willing to help new editors, so don't worry about asking for help.

And here's a great PDF reference sheet.

Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Poncewattle
Oh, I realized I never linked the PA forum in my reply...

Here it is

viewforum.php?f=215
Poncewattle  
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message