This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Fairfax county roadkill

Post by GraceSaysHi
Hello Waze and Waze users! I would like to suggest a new option button be added into the app. I understand that users can select the hazard button and then they can specify what hazard is on the road. However, many people do not feel that road kill is a hazard. I would like to have a road kill option to be made to show awareness of the abundance of animals that die from cars. It could promote caution and it can prepare drivers who are driving down a road that has frequent deer or other animals crossings. I know there are currently signs for deer, but having this roadkill option gives users frequent updates and hopefully give people the realization that cars can kill. Thank you!!
GraceSaysHi

POSTER_ID:17024717

Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
And, in some Southern states, it would cause traffic pileups as people fought over possession of the roadkill on the side of the road. ;)

Spelling errors are courtesy of large thumbs and a small smartphome keyboard.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by ply8808
First let me say welcome to the forums GraceSaysHi,
To request an app feature you should use this forum:
viewforum.php?f=657
As to the request, the "roadkill" hazard was part of the app at one time but was removed due to consensus of the community, there is still "object on road" for on road and "animals" for the shoulder.
Please read and search the app request forum before posting as you may find all the answers or posts needed for your inquiry.
ply8808
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ
Local Champ - USA
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
iPhone 7, iOS 13.3.1