This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by taco909
kjstech wrote:I mean look at this. It's like this all over the place. Most of these are from anonymous. We need a new icon or the ability to turn off pothole alerts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422416902.587613.jpg
I thought that anonymous users were supposed to be blocked from reporting anything on the new version.
I know some on Centercode were complaining and asking for it to be restored... I hope it wasn't, for a number of reasons... I am also getting obscene comments on my road closures, and being anon or no-name, all I can do is report them, but that only gets those that send the comment while I am online.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by thecrabnicholson
bart99gt wrote:If you know their Waze user name, something can actually be done about them.
I have someone in my area who spams the map every day with the same bogus pothole reports. I have their username, who do I report it to?
thecrabnicholson
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
St Louis, MO Area Manager

Post by zikzak
This is a good idea in principle, but it seems that in practice, there are a few users who are abusing the reporting feature, cluttering up the map with alerts for potholes that aren't there: alerts that never disappear, since 48 hours gives them plenty of time to thank themselves too. It weakens the alert feature by retaining alerts for nonexistent or inconsequential hazards. In my town, 20 new potholes are being reported by one user every day. I've also seen similar abuse in other nearby towns.
zikzak
Send a message