Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by moogonk
Ok, I'm curious, because I'm not certain we absolutely figured it out-- it just stopped after we renamed the segments. I think it was BDP, but I don't know if we ever were 100% sure.
moogonk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Moogonk
Country Manager & Multi-State Manager--CT, ME, MA, RI, VT. Rank 5 Resident New Hampshire State Manager

Sometimes you avoid the jam, sometimes you are the jam, and sometimes it's faster to go through the jam. - AndyPoms

Post by moogonk
CBenson wrote:I don't remember what the naming name discontinuity was, but a route is not given a BDP penalty if it leaves a named highway and does not return to the named highway for over 5 kms. So it may have need to route to the end of Lowell Connector to go the 5 kms to eliminate the penalty.
In the original situation, both directions of the divided highway had the same name: "Lowell Connector". The names were changed to "Lowell Connector N" and "Lowell Connector S", as appropriate. So, as CBenson pointed out, Waze may have been routing over the entire NB and SB Lowell Connector to eliminate the penalty. By renaming, Waze can now have the driver turn around as soon as the 5 km requirement is satisfied.
moogonk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Moogonk
Country Manager & Multi-State Manager--CT, ME, MA, RI, VT. Rank 5 Resident New Hampshire State Manager

Sometimes you avoid the jam, sometimes you are the jam, and sometimes it's faster to go through the jam. - AndyPoms

Post by moogonk
CBenson wrote:Didn't understand why that would happen last year and still don't.
I am equally mystified as to why the original problem stopped.
moogonk
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Moogonk