Deleting US gas stations procedure

[ img ] This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Moderator: delilush

Deleting US gas stations procedure

Postby Poncewattle » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:59 pm

What is the current guidance on deleting US gas stations?

The old wiki page on gas stations has been marked as obsolete and moved to the help center. An older version of the page from Nov 2014 has this to say:

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... _a_station

For the North American server, until the Waze Map Editor can directly access the gas stations, the best way to indicate a station is closed is to use the Waze client app. Drive to the location of the station and use the option to update the fuel prices outlined above. For each fuel type use the "Not Available" option and save the changes. This will prevent the station from being displayed in the client app until it can be removed completely.

There was a new page for gas stations created under the Places page in Nov 2014, but even the initial version of it didn't mention the removal procedure. So it appears to possibly been left deliberately out..

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... as_Station

Is that quoted procedure still relevant or no longer applicable?
Poncewattle
State Manager: Delaware
Area Manager: Luray, VA : Bronx, NY
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Poncewattle
State Manager
State Manager

Re: Deleting US gas stations procedure

Postby nzahn1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:26 pm

As the guy who wrote the new Places/Gas Station Wiki page, the only reason I didn't consider the removal process, was because I was unaware it was any different than another place.

Also, the Places/Gas Station page was meant to be the WME compliment the "Gas Stations" page, which was App focused, and still existed at the time of drafting Places/Gas Station.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Rank 6 | US Local Champ | Mid-Atlantic Assist. Coordinator | WME Beta | iOS Beta
WME Profile E-Mail MD Twitter MDForum MDWiki Welcome!
nzahn1
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Deleting US gas stations procedure

Postby nzahn1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:27 pm

I actually found this thread because I just saw a UR of a missing exxon, and I was wondering if there was some issue with gas stations disappearing.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Rank 6 | US Local Champ | Mid-Atlantic Assist. Coordinator | WME Beta | iOS Beta
WME Profile E-Mail MD Twitter MDForum MDWiki Welcome!
nzahn1
Coordinators
Coordinators

Return to United States