Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
driving79 wrote:Was north as "en" supposed to be fixed now? Other places seem to be ok recently. This is saying "en" still:
Did you clear TTS cache first? Every instance of "enn" we've found since the fix was deployed has been pronounced correctly after cache clearing and testing.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
driving79 wrote:On a ramp in Jacksonville, FL this is saying STREET: to I-295 S St. Augustine.
Here is the TTS test saying the ramp name correctly: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/143 ... e_test.mp3

If you had cleared TTS cache already and restarted the app, then something is amiss.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
PesachZ wrote:...RFK Br is sounding like RFK branch
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fphov5fayuoc ... 743-23.mp3
Did we ever get "Br" submitted to be "Bridge"?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
PesachZ wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
PesachZ wrote:...RFK Br is sounding like RFK branch
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fphov5fayuoc ... 743-23.mp3
Did we ever get "Br" submitted to be "Bridge"?
it worked elsewhere I'll try to get another audio file
If you check the TTS testing file in the OP, "Br" is supposed to be "Branch" as a USPS standard. "Brg" is supposed to be used for Bridge.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SeZAKxing wrote:Any suggestions for keeping editors form changing Psge (Passage) to Page?
Spell it out "Passage". It's only 3 more letters...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
voludu2 wrote:How responsive are they to a TTS test interface, similar to the demo nuance provides on its website?

This would allow you to input strings and listen to the results immediately.

It would make it easier for them to provide the service they want to provide.
Those who wish to dive into the app debug logs can find the url the app uses. That is what I use for immediate testing. But we will not publicize it.

Supposedly the Editor will eventually have such a feature built in.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Alice2
I just discovered how TTS treats one of the exits and streets here. On printed maps, the street is written as UTSA Blvd. The Waze map has it as Utsa Blvd. It is supposed to be pronounced as 'you tea ess aaa' sounding out each letter. TTS tries to say the name as a word - "ootsa Blvd". The exit signs for this street have it as 'UTSA Blvd / University of Texas at San Antonio', and TTS announces "ootsa Blvd / University of Texas at San Antonio". I see in this thread that to be pronounced as letters, they should be written as lower case surrounded by single quotes. That would probably look awkward -- 'u' 't' 's' 'a' -- and unmanageable if you have to write it very many times. How should this be handled to get the right announcement?
Alice2
Send a message

Post by Alice2
So, what do we do now? Today I heard Samantha say (twice) "keep left at to I 10 west" and it really was unclear if she meant to, two, or maybe too. It gave the impression there were two I 10 west roads. Sounded strange. Maybe she wasn't feeling well!!
Alice2
Send a message

Post by Alice2
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-98.59 ... s=48129505 The 2 I-10 west TTS directions came to direct me to the highlighted segment. I have not yet tested any other entrance segments on this stretch of road.
Alice2
Send a message

Post by Alice2
AndyPoms wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:It's most likely because the word "To" on the ramp is capitalized, which doesn't conform to the standard.

I'm going to send a PM to the editor in question and make sure this is just a typo and not widespread.
Remember there was a period of time when auto-capitalization just started where the word "to" was not exempt & it was automatically changed to "To", so there may be more ramps out there like this...
I just drove this route again today, and the TTS was correct this time! https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-98.59 ... s=48129505 The "to" is also now lower case in the editor. However I see that there are several (could be many) instances of upper case "To" all around. My experience must have been a one-time thing if no one else has come across the "stay left on to I XX".
Alice2
Send a message