Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by Jakflash
tcalvert317 wrote: Does anyone have a status on when the TTS will stop speaking gibberish?
From Abigail regarding the TTS issue:

We deployed a change to address this problem and also another one to force the client to request all of Jane's texts again (to avoid receiving a cached bad file).

If the issue is not fixed, it could be because the change to force the client to request Jane's texts again has failed. Then try clearing the cache.

If the issue remains after clearing cache - let your RC know. Abigail will need the logs.
Jakflash
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by jalondon628
Persistent mispronunciation of "exit" throughout the app when reading the word "exit" for freeway ramps.

Example: "Exit right to Egg-zit 483: Lawson Rd."

The first "exit" is pronounced correctly, the second sounds like "egg-zit". (Ew.)
jalondon628
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Joel London (jalondon628)
US Country Manager
US South Central Region multi-state manager (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas)
Based in Dallas, TX

https://s.waze.tools/s0500.png

Post by jasonh300
EXPY also works for Expressway.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Just a note: Bus, as in US Hwy 90 Bus E is being pronounced 'bus' again. I don't know when this happened, but it was working before and now it isn't.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Do you have "Trace" on your list? I drew in a new subdivision yesterday and two of the new street names were "Natchez Trace" and "Memphis Trace". I had no idea how to abbreviate them, so I just spelled them out.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Not sure if anyone else confirmed this, but last night, I found that St. is pronounced as "Saint". This was in "Bay St. Louis". I don't know whether it's the positioning or the period that makes it work. It pronounces Louis "Lou-ee", but that's another issue.

Sketch pointed out yesterday in another thread that "Iberville" is pronounced "d'Iberville", which is surprising. We pronounce the street "EYE-ber-vil" whereas d'Iberville, like the town in Mississippi, is usually pronounced "dee-IHB-er-vil".
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I think the idea is to test and figure out which abbreviations aren't pronounced properly and then get Waze to fix them.

If Waze pronounces "Main St" - "Main Saint", we aren't going to start spelling it "Main Str" to get it to work. TTS needs to work with the standardized abbreviations.

So if you think something is being pronounced strangely, post it here, GizmoGuy will put it into his test rig, and he'll spend the weekend following the next map update driving around a cow pasture listening to TTS and determining which ones need to be reported.

I'm not drunk...I'm using Tapatalk.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
BrianCanFixIT wrote:I've just encountered a sign with "Drwy" for Driveway. so I guess the other permutation for this would also be valid: drwy, drway.
Was it a parking lot? I want to see a link to this.

I remember when I was about 8, and my dad taught me to how to operate a car, I had a hard time understanding why we put the car in Park when we're in the Driveway, but the car is in Drive when we're on the Parkway.

Fortunately, I learned to drive a stick-shift when I was about 11. :lol:
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
harling wrote:Here's a TTS issue that I noticed the other day.

We have a "Summer St" in town. TTS correctly pronounces it "summer street". Off of that street is a court, named "Summer St Ct". TTS pronounces it as "summer saint court". Wait, what?
We have a "State Street Dr", which is an extension of State St in a different neighborhood. But the "Street" is always spelled out in "State Street Dr". I think there are other streets in that neighborhood that are the same way.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message