Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by txemt
orbitc wrote:I agree with Alan. Few of us tested these with few different combination. The Best option, IMO, should be either with single quotes or double quotes.
I'd have to disagree. How many street signs or exit ramps do you see that have a "" or '' in them? I understand that we're trying to get Waze to say the actual letter instead of a direction, so I would advocate more of the period.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
Wajo357 wrote:
txemt wrote:
orbitc wrote:I agree with Alan. Few of us tested these with few different combination. The Best option, IMO, should be either with single quotes or double quotes.
I'd have to disagree. How many street signs or exit ramps do you see that have a "" or '' in them? I understand that we're trying to get Waze to say the actual letter instead of a direction, so I would advocate more of the period.
What I'm saying is that the period was tested, and with only one letter, the period still sounded out as the direction and not the letter.
I've tested the period, too and didn't get a direction. I'm waiting for my next test results to hit the client to find something else out about the period. I did have quotes around a lower case "s" and it looked really funny (had a few URs about it, too).
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
Wajo357 wrote:
Agree that double quotes look weird. Did you try something like [Ave S.]? For me, it came up as [Ave South].
I'm waiting for:
Sp
A.T.&T.
Alt
St. Middle St

Those were added last night, so in a couple of days, they'll hit the client and I can test them out. I'm going to try out some combos of "S 1st St W" to see what I get.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
jasonh300 wrote:The problem with the period is that when someone reads it on the screen and sees the period, they're going to think it's an abbreviation.
Then the person who's looking at the period needs to be paying attention road, not if the period is after or before a letter.

As far as the other things, I'm going through the list at the very beginning of thread and finding out what works and what doesn't work. I also need to know how "AT&T Center Pkwy" is going to read because I have exit signs and a road called that, so that's a local issue.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
sketch wrote: Correct. I think this varies by state. In Louisiana, it'll say "Exit 232A-B", for example.
It should say "Exit 223A-B: LA-xx / Williams Blvd / New Orleans International Airport" :D

I can't remember what state highway Williams Blvd is.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
xteejx wrote:No shit Sherlock. I have been posting in this thread previously. Enough with the stupid replies yeah?

Can someone proper confirm this dash behaviour please?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I had a "stay left at eye four ten" today with the ramp named "I-410." There's a direction attached to that, but I can't remember if it's east or north at that point (and it's near the change over, too). There was no pause or anything.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I've been spelling out "business". I'd rather have waze say "I-20 business" instead of "I-20 bus".
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I should know that answer, but I have no idea.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
taddison1 wrote:I had a couple of odd abbreviation behaviors today:

- In this street name: to Downtown / Cesar Chavez N, the "N" at the end was pronounced as the letter N instead of "North". Any idea what could cause that, seeing as the N is not in quotes?
Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-96.78 ... s=62245993
I've just gotten a report about this today where the "N" was reading as "en" and not "north." It is unknown if the other directional letters are doing the same thing or not.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
This one particular editor said it's always said "north" in the directions up till yesterday.
txemt
Send a message