This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by TheChrisK
PesachZ wrote:
TheChrisK wrote:
PesachZ wrote:To fix the issue here you need to replace the missing slash (/) between the two spaces in the name before the word "to".
"L-28B / to US-6 / Omaha via W Dodge Rd"

The state page does misrepresent the names a bit, the correct format is supported and listed in the USA abbreviations list. It should be (and will soon be fixed) on the state wiki as "L-##X"

PS that wayfinder is placed way too early on the fwy. It should be placed where the solid line for the fork starts (approximately 175 m [575 ft] south of where it is now) as per wiki guidance.
Thank you for the information PZ, we will make that change here shortly. I think the reasoning behind the location of the wayfinder was the location of the of the exit sign. I will discuss that with my SM.

I will make the appropriate changes in the NE Wiki as well. I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. :)

Thanks again!
It's common for BGS to be placed before an actual Exit, however our guidance is still to make the fork at the actual legal divergence. This is because of how it affects prompt timing. Once you pass the junction you see the next prompt, which in this case would be 175 meters before you have to choose a lane. That means if as you approach the actual gore, you glance at your device to see which way you are supposed to go, you'll already be seeing the next prompt displayed.

Keep in mind TTS is toned to come a little before the junction anyway, so even if setup properly by wiki guidance, when you hear the prompt you'll still see the signs.
What you are saying makes perfect sense. Is there specific guidance noted in the wiki somewhere for the wayfinder distance? I am not seeing it here.
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Country Manager: United States

Post by TheChrisK
PesachZ wrote:
TheChrisK wrote:
What you are saying makes perfect sense. Is there specific guidance noted in the wiki somewhere for the wayfinder distance? I am not seeing it here.
Follow the guidance for Exit ramp geometry and complexity. (This is an exit, only here both sides are exits)
Your recommendations worked, the TTS is now correct. Thanks again for your help.
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheChrisK
In parts of Wyoming, east-west country roads are named "County Lane XXX" and north-south roads are "County Road XXX". See here for example.

I would like to propose adding the abbreviation CL-XXX to read as "County Lane XXX" similar to how CR-XXX reads as "County Road XXX".

For now, editors are instructed to keep the current format as "Co Ln XXX".

Cheers,
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheChrisK
PesachZ wrote:
TheChrisK wrote:In parts of Wyoming, east-west country roads are named "County Lane XXX" and north-south roads are "County Road XXX". See here for example.

I would like to propose adding the abbreviation CL-XXX to read as "County Lane XXX" similar to how CR-XXX reads as "County Road XXX".

For now, editors are instructed to keep the current format as "Co Ln XXX".

Cheers,
I will bring this to the team and see what they say.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PZ,

Was there any word on "County Lane XXX" compatibility with a "CL-XXX" abbreviation?
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheChrisK
Kissimmee (Florida) is pronounced by Jane as "KES-a-me". It should be "Ki-SIM-ee".
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
TheChrisK

Post by TheLastTaterTot
Hi there,

I've been having on-and-off issues with Jane oddly adding an unknown [long] ē sound at the end of "Gano" of "Gano St".

First question – is this a context specific rule that can be permanently fixed? I personally can't think of any words that end in an 'o' and is followed by a long 'e' sound. Second, why is this issue inconsistent from month to month? It seems to disappear only to reappear several weeks later? Currently, she does not produce the ē after Gano, but she did just a week ago.

To be specific,
The incorrect pronunciation by Jane just a week ago is: gone-no-ee or gän-nō-ē

In the past, she has also incorrectly pronounced it as: gan-nō

As of the time of this post, she is incorrectly pronouncing it as: gän-nō

The correct pronunciation is: gane-no or gā-nō

PL to example "Gano St" segment: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=43506010
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
R5 | RI SM | CA, MA & NY AM | Mentor

Post by TheLastTaterTot
PesachZ wrote: The fact that the same phrase (if it is truly the same phrase, eg same turn prompt (right/left) to the same segment) is changing over time may indicate that the vendor is tweaking the tts engine and trying to fix the bug. Who knows?
is it possible to get a permanent fix for this pronunciation rule? Or can anyone think of a word that ends with "no" that produces any other sound other than nō?
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by TheLastTaterTot
thanks Pz. I guess we wait.
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by Thortok2000
Weird bug happened today.

I set a destination on Casey Avenue. When it said to turn onto it, it said Casey Avenue. When I arrived at my destination, it said 'Casey Ave', like the word ave, rhymes with have. That was weird. Any way to fix?
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///tdL1sG[/img][img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^

Post by Thortok2000
I've noticed sometimes when a weird voice is used with slightly different phrasing. I would assume that would be cached or non-server TTS of some kind. It usually doesn't include road names (sticking to stuff like 'turn left' instead of 'turn left at north pleasantburg drive') but very rarely does.
Thortok2000
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///tdL1sG[/img][img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Area Manager of Greenville, SC! ^_^