Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by whatnt
voludu2 wrote:"Perrylawn" is pronounced "Pairalawn". I think the second syllable should be pronounced "ee"

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 26&env=usa
I hear that too, FWIW.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by WillyHVa
Monticello Ave in Williamsburg, VA should be pronounced "Montichello" like the name of the musical instrument.

This street in Charlottesville, VA should also be pronounced the same way as above.

To be honest, anywhere in the United States where this name is used it should be pronounced that way. This is the proper pronunciation that can be found with a simple Google search. However, local preference outside of these two areas varies, so at this time just these two examples need to be changed.
WillyHVa
Send a message

Post by Wolfeye
Int might work for international?
IA is also an abbreviation for international airport.
Wolfeye
Send a message

Post by xanderb
Heading south on Charlestown Rd and turning left on this ramp is giving the "eye of" 65 issue at the end of the name again. Can hear it in the WME TTS test as well as in the client.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by xanderb
I would think if it was a client issue, it wouldn't say it in WME. This isn't the only "eye of" issue in the area, other editors have the same issue with other ramps.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by xanderb
RussPA wrote:I don't see "Colonel" on the Jane wiki. I assume it's abbreviated "Col".
Col without a period does work in WME. It will be added to the list to test to make sure it behaves with other conditions.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by xanderb
The "Eye of" issue does not seem to be present any longer. Must have been a hiccup with the vendor TTS for a couple weeks.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by xanderb
This segment has Sterl getting spelled out. It should be pronounced like Steril.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by xanderb
subs5 wrote:Could we get a TTS team ruling on "Pike"?
Pike will be spelled out.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by xanderb
microSDHC wrote:One of the streets that I turn on is pronounced "Monroe Ter" instead of the full pronunciation of "Monroe Terrace".
I am not able to get Jane to reproduce. Can you tell us more specifically where it says it and how you are set up? Is it turning left/right from Monroe or one of the side streets? Does it occur only from phone audio or from bluetooth?

xanderb
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message