This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by txemt
I still want to hear Samuel L Jackson give directions---"I said take a mother f***in right"
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
It'll say "bee elle" or "bl"
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
dbraughlr wrote:
txemt wrote:I've been spelling out "business". I'd rather have waze say "I-20 business" instead of "I-20 bus".
That's great if you want to do do that. Why don't you update the wiki so that we can update them all?

I propose that for a long-term solution for correct shields that we standardize a prefix ("BI-") for interstate business loops. Thus BI-20 would generate the correct shield and TTS (perhaps "biz loop twenty").
Talk to GizmoGuy on the TTS stuff. He's the goto for that.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
sketch wrote:This has been reported in a few places around the forums. There's been some kind of bug propagating over the past couple months where "N" is not pronounced "north" after certain words — "Pkwy" and "Expy", for example, and I think perhaps in "Cesar Chavez N" as well.
And Florida's Turnpike N
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
They'll fix it "soon".
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
dbraughlr wrote:
sketch wrote: Unless "Louis" is pronounced neither the English nor the French way, it cannot be "fixed". In some places one will be right, and in others the other, but no universal fix is possible.
Another proposal in another thread addressed this; I'm pretty sure you were there.
Same with Ponce de Leon.
txemt
Send a message

txemt
Send a message

txemt
Send a message

Post by unlimited1808
Cmns as an abbreviation for Commons is being pronounced as "C M N S" by Jane.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... st=4698608

Has this abbreviation been deprecated since the update to Jane (and the original abbreviation wiki page) or is it being worked on for an update?
unlimited1808
Send a message

Post by usa_iv3ckt44
What would you guys think of a cheap remote that wirelessly reports the most common/important incidents (crash/police/red light cameras)? I think if there was a device that you could clip on your steering wheel/air vent or anywhere in the car that doesn't require you to take your eyes off the road. I'm trying to do a DIY project at home so I don't have to spend 10 seconds with my eyes on my phone and off the road each time I want to report an incident.

Thanks guys!
usa_iv3ckt44
Send a message