Wajo357 wrote:GizmoGuy411 wrote:Single letters to be pronounced as letters when a capitalized letter is surrounded by double quotes was the suggestion made to Waze back in October 2012.
When I have not retested all the permutations, it looks like from those who have tested the letters, N, E, S, and W, that Waze has changed functionality so that upper or lower case letters surrounded by single or double quotes will now say the letter and not the cardinal direction.
I'll amend the list once I can test more permutations.
Sounds good. So now that your tests are done, here come the questions concerning Brooklyn, NY:
1) Should we change Ave N, E, W, S?
2) If yes, would you prefer single or double quotes?
3) Would that screw up navigation search if someone just enters in 1304 Ave S, Brooklyn NY, since it is now only Ave "S"? Would adding an alternate name of Ave S help?
4) Should we just blanket all of the letters in Brooklyn with the quotes specified in 2?
5) I assume we should lock the roads with the changes, correct?
If I may persuade GizmoGuy411, I would tink, it would be nice if all change to single quote and keep Avenue as is. For example: Avenue 'N'