Your help is needed!
Several reports have been received that certain roads with the "Dr
" abbreviation have been voiced by TTS as "doctor
" instead of "drive
", and only intermittently.
In the Boston area it has happened with "Memorial Dr W
" and I believe "Memorial Dr E
In New York City it has happened with "FDR Dr N
" and possibly with "FDR Dr S
".This does not seem to happen all the time.
My suspicion, is that it MAY be occurring during periods when the abbreviation "Dr" is being in heavy use by the TTS server. So if it is rush hour on the west coast and a lot of "Dr" abbreviations are being used, then it COULD also happen on the east coast at the same instant.
In order to help Waze determine the issue, we need to provide them with examples with the following infomation:
- The WME permalink with the segment that you heard the TTS for selected. (Not where you were at the time you heard it, but the segment that was being spoken in the TTS instruction.)
- Your time zone.
- A copy of the actual TTS file from your mobile device.
- The timestamp of the TTS file.
Acquiring a copy of the TTS file and its timestamp can be accomplished as follows:
- For Android devices, download the "ES File Explorer File Manager
" app for your device.
- For iOS devices, download a program such as "iFunBox
" (no jailbreak needed) to your Mac or Windows computer, and connect your device to your computer via a cable. You may also be able to use Wifi
with some programs such as iFunBox.
- Navigate to the location in your device where the TTS files are stored.
iOS:Connected Devices, [your device name], User Applications, [Waze]//Library/Caches/tts/database/local_nuamce_8_mp3_Samantha_Female/
orConnected Devices, [your device name], User Applications, [Waze]//Library/Caches/tts/database/local_nuamce_8_mp3_Tom_Male/
Once you have found the file, please either upload it to cloud space such as Dropbox
or Google Drive
and share the link, or just sent it to my Waze@GizmoGuy411.com
email address as an attachment.
(It is not possible to sent via a Private Message.)