This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Place category for funeral home

Post by jbayes
What would be the best category for a funeral home?

I could not find an answer in another thread in the forums. Another user asked along with other Places in this thread, but didn't get an answer to that specific place:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=156336&p=1192368&hi ... y#p1192368
RockRoberge wrote:Hi All,

I searched around and couldn't find this... is there a resource that provides guidance for some non-obvious place categories? Examples:
  • Storage Facilities
    Realtors
    Day Care
    Funeral Homes
    Bowling Alleys
The response to that only mentioned 3 of the 4 and the thread they linked to doesn't mention funeral homes.
AndyPoms wrote:It's being working on... We're actually working on "translating" the strings for the US in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=129&t=155967

At a first pass, I would say
Realtors = Office
Day Care = Kindergarten (see the thread)
Bowling Alley = Sports Court
jbayes

POSTER_ID:13790334

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Well, I going to assume that not many people are going to fire up waze and want to get a route to the nearest funeral home. So I wouldn't worry about the category too much. I'd leave it under the generic "professional and public." If it has funeral home in the name, a search for funeral home should still list the business.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902