This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Collecting Instances of Unusual Routing

Post by nzahn1
We've been seeing more examples of the routing server choosing to take detours for left turns rather than wait at lights. Most involve instructions to either:
  1. (Continue straight past the intersection), Make a U-turn (two lefts in a divided highway), then turn right onto the cross-street.
  2. Turn Right at the intersection, make a U-turn (two lefts on a divided highway), (continue straight past the original intersection).
We've also seen one instance of drivers being directed around a slow intersection and thru a community, only to join back up with the same road a couple hundred yards.

NOTE: All these routes are "legal" in that they don't pass thru any restricted turns, however, they haven't been used by the routing server in the past.

If you've seen routing issues like these, especially reported in a UR, please submit information about the issue in the form below. Please take a screenshot, and store it somewhere safe, incase the UR gets closed. Also leave a [NOTE] in the UR asking editors not close the UR for at least 2 weeks so that Champs/Staff have a chance to review.

Submit an Unusual Routing Report
View previous responses
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:301528

Send a message
Last edited by nzahn1 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by ajcadoo
dfortney wrote:Update -- The Unusual Routing Log is no longer accepting responses.

If anyone is aware of an alternate means of submitting these, please share.
Can we unsticky this post then? :D
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by dfortney
I've submitted a few entries using this form, and I haven't heard anything back and want to know if it's worthwhile to continue to use this form. I have a few questions on the process:

Are these submissions being reviewed, and if so by whom? Are these being reviewed by Waze staff with responsibility for routing algorithm?

What response should the submitter expect to receive, if any?

How long should the URs be left hanging open as a [NOTE]? I've been using 30 days

Why is the sheet of responses missing PLs and images for entries after April 12th?

If anyone can shed any light on the overall process by answering the above questions and elaborating that would be most appreciated.
dfortney
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by dfortney
Update -- The Unusual Routing Log is no longer accepting responses.

If anyone is aware of an alternate means of submitting these, please share.
dfortney
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Didn't staff create a form to fill for routing issues recently?
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
Ah, I must have stumbled upon it or it was one of those For Your Eyes Only shares.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by nzahn1
Fredo-p wrote:Didn't staff create a form to fill for routing issues recently?
I didn't see one in the SM packet.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter