This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

WAZE not compatible w GMC's Infotainment sys!

Post by DAXICAB
The GMC/Cadillac dealership in Los Angeles has tested 5 brand new vehicles on their lot with the WAZE app today and has CONFIRMED that the “GMC Infotainment” systems are not compatible with WAZE and disrupts the WAZE app’s ability to accurately locate the user’s GPS coordinates. Please note: This is not while the phone is connected to the cars in any way. The Cars and WAZE are blocking each others GPS signals. I personally tested 3 different phones in my 2018 GMC Denali and confirmed the result was the same for all 3, WAZE app could not locate me within 3-5 blocks usually and sometimes up to a mile or more (This after replacing my iPhone 3 times & working with AppleCare for no less than 6 hours troubleshooting) Please tell the WAZE techs to contact GMC’s TAC (Tech. Assistance center) in Detroit ASAP. The dealer is still running diagnostics but the best way to solve this I believe is to put the two big kids together ASAP. There are approx. 15 Million vehicles on the road with "GMC Infotainment" systems - Thank you for passing along to the appropriate channels :geek:
DAXICAB

POSTER_ID:17461088

Send a message