This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

US Jane Text to Speech (TTS) Discussion

Post by
Since the old thread was meant for testing the Samantha voice, I thought it would make sense to close that one officially and open a new one for discussing issues with the US Jane voice.

Please continue to use this form to report issues with the Jane voice in the United States, but this thread or the #tts discord channel can be used to discuss them further.

POSTER_ID:456046

Send a message

Post by DrHenryJonesSr
Came across a new (at least to me) abbreviation that could merit some discussion. The street name is published in GIS and on the developer's on-site map as "Geo. Meyer Ave", the "Geo." is short for George (the name of the developer). While no street signs are posted yet, it could be safely assumed that they'll be printed as "Geo. Meyer Ave".

The question becomes, do we follow the naming scheme of the LGS/GIS so the map matches the sign, and if so can we get the TTS to pronounce "Geo." as "George"? I am assuming there are street names with "Geo" (without the ".") so that should remain pronounced as-is.
DrHenryJonesSr
Send a message

Post by MacroNav
The abbreviation spreadsheet Iframe is not loading from the wazeopedia page. I can't load it out of a frame either - looks like the sheet itself has problems?

{{#widget:Iframe |url= |width=500 |height=1000}}
MacroNav
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Mvan231
tcalvert317 wrote:
subs5 wrote:
Have you heard of "A" not being pronounced correctly on exits?

You can report the issue on this form.

But normally the abbreviations are for standard abbreviations used nationwide so it may not be added.

Have you looked up the USPS address to see if the use Geo or George?
[/quote]
I've seen users in the UK complaining about this as well
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by RussPA
Can we get "E-ZPass" added to the Abbreviations and acronyms table since that's how it needs to be for Jane TTS? I've had some ask me what the correct spelling should be. Possibly other toll passes as well, if there is any confusion.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by snowboardjoe
Old thread here, but seemed appropriate. Has there been any progress on resolving the numerous mispronounced letter suffixes of ramps and roads? There are quite a few here in central Texas. All forms submitted months ago, but still no change here.
snowboardjoe
Send a message
Joe Morris
Austin, Texas
AM: South central Texas

Post by subs5
First thanks for the new forum.

Second, can we get District of Columbia added as a state?

Bladensburg Rd NE is not pronounced correctly.

PL

Pronounced by Jane with a short a vice a long one.
Incorrect Blad ens berg road northeast

Correct Blade ens berg road northeast.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
Form won't open for me so posting here and will transfer once at a computer that allows it.
Update 4/9/18 10:00 EDT Had someone send me full link to the form. Submitted the information there.

Washington, DC
Loughboro Rd NW

It is pronounced like Marl burr oh (Marlboro)
Should be pronounced as Low burr oh

PL of Loughboro Rd NW
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
DrHenryJonesSr wrote:Came across a new (at least to me) abbreviation that could merit some discussion. The street name is published in GIS and on the developer's on-site map as "Geo. Meyer Ave", the "Geo." is short for George (the name of the developer). While no street signs are posted yet, it could be safely assumed that they'll be printed as "Geo. Meyer Ave".

The question becomes, do we follow the naming scheme of the LGS/GIS so the map matches the sign, and if so can we get the TTS to pronounce "Geo." as "George"? I am assuming there are street names with "Geo" (without the ".") so that should remain pronounced as-is.

You can report the issue on this form.

But normally the abbreviations are for standard abbreviations used nationwide so it may not be added.

Have you looked up the USPS address to see if the use Geo or George?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message