This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Question about speed limit verification

Post by usa_0pwvm35b
Hello,

I have a question about the speed limit verification process. So after users upload speed limit information through map editor, who will be responsible to verify the information and how? Thanks!
usa_0pwvm35b

POSTER_ID:17577243

Send a message

Post by jm6087
usa_0pwvm35b wrote:do community members drive to the reported location to verify or use other sources like google street view to verify and then correct?
We can use various sources, including Street View in the Editor and Boots on the Ground reports.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by RussPA
When a user reports a speed limit error, it appears in the map editor as a map error, which an editor must find and then correct. These are not always handled as quickly as some other issues, so they tend to linger longer.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by turbomkt
usa_0pwvm35b wrote:Hello,

I have a question about the speed limit verification process. So after users upload speed limit information through map editor, who will be responsible to verify the information and how? Thanks!
I'm going to answer this based on the bold. If you edit a speed limit using the Waze Map Editor, it will be live in Waze with the tile update that includes the change. https://status.waze.com/
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by usa_0pwvm35b
do community members drive to the reported location to verify or use other sources like google street view to verify and then correct?
usa_0pwvm35b
Send a message

Post by usa_0pwvm35b
Thank you all for replying! It's really helpful!
usa_0pwvm35b
Send a message