This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Is Waze schizophrenic?

Post by dariansdad
I'm not putting down persons who have actual psychological conditions but Waze acts like a different app sometimes.

Sometimes I bring it up and click the microphone, tell Waze where (or what place I want to go) and it responds by repeating what I said and setting in the directions, pausing only to ask for confirmation. Which, I must add, is better than the previous version that asked EVERY FRIGGIN TIME is this trip was for later.

Still, the app sometimes acts normally responding to voice requests and other times acts like it's just a new app that doesn't really do very well with voice recog. Also, the app used to respond to the request for "Costco Gas" with "Searching for Costco Gasoline". Now it just says "searching for gas". Not what I need. If I give a brand of gasoline other than one of the friggin' national brands and the app suddenly gets stupid?

Anyone?
dariansdad

POSTER_ID:17138777

Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Talk to Waze remains very much a work in progress. When it does not ask for confirmation, that's called "high certainty navigation" and the developers are working steadily to increase the places this works. Speech recognition is completely dependent on a solid data connection, since, like the other voice activated assistants almost none of that processing is done on your phone. This means if you have a bad data connection, you'll get bad or no results.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message