This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Map Updates? Answered!

Post by HuckD
How often are the US maps being updated with our changes? Is there a regular schedule? Is the last update date available anywhere?
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:15399343

Send a message
Last edited by HuckD on Sat May 18, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Also covered in the FAQ, which everyone should be reading before posting.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
orbitc wrote:Alan, is there a way to make all users to read FAQ's before letting them in to the forums. Kind of like a gate. They have to read first to be able to use the forums.
There would if we didn't have user accounts created automatically by the Waze app. For registration would "force" a link to the forum "rules" and guidelines before allowing access to the forums.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
huckd wrote:I assume you’re referring to the FAQ link at the top right of this page. I also went back and looked at it again today before posting my question.
That's not the correct FAQ - that's the forum FAQ written by the guys who created phpBB (this forum's software). The Waze FAQ is over at http://bit.ly/WazeFAQ or directly at http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ. There are also two other FAQs linked from the top of that page.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Bigbear3764
Search for status page. Been updating daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
http://www.waze.com/wiki/

How about this? A LOT of info in here.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
huckd wrote:Thanks Andy, that helps.
Yeah, but ...

Now we have FOUR FAQs mentioned here so I think "Read the FAQ" is NOT a valid response. Which of the four do you refer to? The "closest" FAQ is the Forum FAQ but that isn't the correct one (for this question ... it may be correct for some OTHER question)

SO, if you all are going to post a knee-jerk "Read the FAQ" response it would be helpful to at least point to the FAQ you refer to. Please.

[/soapbox]
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by HuckD
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by HuckD
To AlanOfTheBerg and orbitc
Well, geeze guys, I really did read the FAQ when I first joined Waze. I assume you’re referring to the FAQ link at the top right of this page. I also went back and looked at it again today before posting my question.

To check myself I just went back and used Firefox’s text search to search for MAP and found nothing. I then searched for UPDATE and found two that were not pertinent. Searching for SERVER resulted in nothing.

Using the “search” button at the top for +map and +update and limiting it to the United States forum resulted in 502 hits. I scanned the first few of 52 pages and found nothing pertinent. I do not see any way to do a string search for “map updates”.

So what am I missing here guys? Is there another set of FAQ that I’ve missed? I’m sure that’s possible as large as this thing is.

While I'm fairly new to Waze, please be aware that I am retired and have spent an awful lot of time on Waze in the last few weeks. I’m trying to learn all I can about Waze and I want to make contributions to the map edits in my area as well as in the forums. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Happy Wazing….
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by HuckD
orbitc wrote:huckd,
Please don't take it personal. If you can only see the request we get on a daily bases. Most of them can be answered easily by reading the FAQ. unfortunately, not everybody is reading it.
I know that everybody is very helpful at Waze and they all try to help as much as they can and as quickly as they can. :)
orbitc, I don't take it personal. I'm way too old to get flustered by a forum post. But, if I'm missing something I want to know what it is so I don't keep making mistakes. Without the link you posted above (which is now on my bookmark toolbar) I still can't find the answer. :oops:
HuckD
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message