Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

How do we navigate to Burning Man?

Post by AtariBaby
Hi

I and several others are using Waze to make our way to Burning Man in Black Rock City NV.

I can find all kinds of Burning Man pinpoints. I can find what I consider the perfect spot on the waze app by searching for "Burning Man Way, Black Rock City, NV". I get a nice pinpoint at the entrance where it meets the local highway CR 34. But clicking GO on this or any other point that comes up in searches results in "Uh-Oh". And I should add I navigate from my SF address all the time without any uh-oh's.

Can someone tell me how to get a successful navigation? The information could help hundreds of travelers as of this moment. A whopping 68,000 attend.

You can see the intersection here, hopefully: https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q= ... 914!4f13.1

And I'm pretty sure any origin point will give the same result but let's just say 1198 Fulton St, SF CA

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q= ... 914!4f13.1

PS Thanks to all for making Waze great.
AtariBaby

POSTER_ID:16787946

Send a message
Last edited by AtariBaby on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by AtariBaby
You know what, I'm going to see if I can learn how to be a waze editor real quick-like.
AtariBaby
Send a message

Post by AtariBaby
Oh, so much for that plan-- can only edit near where I drive.
AtariBaby
Send a message

Post by AtariBaby
I have found that searching for County Rd 34, Gerlach-Empire, NV brings up a nearby waypoint, but a little help on how to navigate right to that gate easily would be appreciated by many new and old Wazers, I think. :)
AtariBaby
Send a message

Post by AtariBaby
That was a very important fix, as police traps abound. Thank you!

I don't care about navigating inside, but the point where Burning Man Way meets CR 34 would be pretty sweet.

Though as I mentioned above, "County Rd 34, Gerlach-Empire, NV" does bring up a very close and relevant waypoint just down the road. If that's as good as it can get, that's fine.
AtariBaby
Send a message

AtariBaby
Send a message
Last edited by AtariBaby on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AtariBaby
Hi

Still not working. Has that update gone through?

Gregory
AtariBaby
Send a message

Post by AtariBaby
Result of trip:

I never was able to use the aforementioned preferred intersection or addresses for final destination. I realize this was exacerbated by weak to no signal there.

I believe Verizon users mostly have signal through that area, but AT&T was pretty useless between Wadsworth and the gate entrance to Black Rock City. Along that entire considerable stretch of road, I probably had AT&T signal for two five mile stretches, if that much.

Perhaps until the day cell coverage improves through that desolate route, this is as good as Waze can do here! It's an unfortunate limitation, being that 70,000 people commute to that location and must navigate massive traffic clogs, police checkpoints and traps.

Please let me know if there is anything this Wazer might do to improve the situation.
AtariBaby
Send a message

Post by AtariBaby
Thanks for the link and the info!
AtariBaby
Send a message

Post by AtariBaby
Hi, it's 2014 and I still can't Burning Man to show up on Waze navigation. Please advise. 65,000 people, a great many who are waze users, could benefit!
AtariBaby
Send a message