Argh! Straight-ahead gives "stay left": how to fix?

[ img ] This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Moderator: MapSir

Re: Argh! Straight-ahead gives "stay left": how to fix?

Postby AndyPoms » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:15 am

What about overlapping the ramp on the Primary St portion of SW Broadway St a bit (like in this horrible paint sketch)?
PortlandORIntersection.jpg
(32.09 KiB) Downloaded 1710 times
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby the1who » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:37 am

I am curious, if might be excessive segments there, but add a new street segment that goes straight but right turn disabled, and move the one that can turn right a bit South as an experiment? Just wondered if it might be the segments associated with the database that a new segment with new segment id helps any possible way.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:01 pm

What about editing the geometry of SW Broadway Dr so it produces a "turn right" rather than a "stay to the right"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Argh! Straight-ahead gives

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:13 pm

sketch wrote:
CBenson wrote:I would zoom in far and add a geometry node to make the right turn from the ramp to SW Broadway Dr a 90º angle. That'll make the SW Broadway St look like a "best continuation" to the routing server. You won't get a "stay to the left" without a corresponding "stay to the right" when the names of the two segments are both different than that of the preceding segment.

Done. Will check routing in a couple of days.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 pm

sketch wrote:I would zoom in far and add a geometry node to make the right turn from the ramp to SW Broadway Dr a 90º angle. That'll make the SW Broadway St look like a "best continuation" to the routing server. You won't get a "stay to the left" without a corresponding "stay to the right"

Sounds right to me, but clearly this intersection is not behaving as I think it should.

sketch wrote:when the names of the two segments are both different than that of the preceding segment.

I would have thought that the names would not matter if you eliminate the corresponding "stay to the right."
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:37 pm

CBenson wrote:
sketch wrote:What about editing the geometry of SW Broadway Dr so it produces a "turn right" rather than a "stay to the right"?

The angle there is 134 degrees, so I wonder why it doesn't already produces a "turn right."

That would make the controlling angle 46 degrees, which seems like a threshold figure. It may be that coming from a ramp type the threshold is set to favor "stay to the" rather than "turn".

I would zoom in far and add a geometry node to make the right turn from the ramp to SW Broadway Dr a 90º angle. That'll make the SW Broadway St look like a "best continuation" to the routing server. You won't get a "stay to the left" without a corresponding "stay to the right" when the names of the two segments are both different than that of the preceding segment.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 pm

sketch wrote:What about editing the geometry of SW Broadway Dr so it produces a "turn right" rather than a "stay to the right"?

The angle there is 134 degrees, so I wonder why it doesn't already produces a "turn right."
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Argh! Straight-ahead gives "stay left": how to fix?

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 am

https://editor-beta.waze.com/editor/?zo ... s=71794368

I've tried named and no-name, different road types, etc. but I cannot get Waze to stop giving a "stay left" command at the end of that segment above. Here's the livemap route: https://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=15&l ... g=41005744

Any thoughts?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to United States