This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Routing Problems

Post by bzhorne
Not sure if this is where to post my concerns. Last night I traveled to the University of Chicago and back home. Waze for some reason took me to downtown Chicago ("The Loop") on my way there which was about 7.5 miles out of my way. On my way back home it ran me through several of the absolute worst neighborhoods in the city (ie: the ones people get killed in) trying to get me to I-94. It routed me through those places because Waze did not know that the entrance ramps to I-94 were all closed for construction. Why did it do this? I seriously could have gotten shot in those areas (Englewood, Greater Grand Crossing, Chatham, and Washington Park neighborhoods.) Washington Park is the number one deadliest neighborhood in Chicago. Is any consideration given to that? Is construction ever taken into account in the routing process?

There are times when Waze has saved me time and kept me from getting a traffic ticket, and then there's last night.
bzhorne

POSTER_ID:16831139

Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Which ramps on I-94 were closed? Was it just over night closures or long term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by jemay
Currently in Waze (in the editor), we don't have any means to do overnight closures. We have means to do "Big" closures, but that is if we know the details, submitting that information, and getting approval that they will do the closure.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon