This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by no1uknow
(Thread resurrection)

There are many instances of interstates and US highways in my area that have concurrent names (I-84/I-380, US-11/US-15, US-22/US-322). When you look at traditional maps and Google maps, the shields for these roads are combined or shown side-by-side. It would be nice if Waze could do this too...

Also, per https://www.waze.com/wiki/Road_Naming_% ... rent_names, how do you determine which is the primary? It's not always obvious.

https://maps.google.com/?ll=40.234067,- ... 3&t=h&z=14

I'd like to see a feature for Rank 3 or higher to be able to give these roads two names, not just in the alternate name fields. Or, there should be a way to combine these names in one name field.
no1uknow
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message
no1uknow :twisted:
Harrisburg, PA, USA

Post by sketch
It's been often requested to have multiple-shield-per-road display. Putting multiple names in a single field, however, will not display multiple shields, it won't display any shields at all. So instead of a lovely I-59 shield, you'd see "I-59 N / I-20 E" and "I-59 S / I-20 W" floating above the length of the concurrency, and that's gonna look bad.

In short, it's not something we can accomplish just by editing differently.

Note that there's nothing to stop from putting multiple names on entrance and exit ramps for freeways. If it's a ramp "to I-59 N / I-20 E / Birmingham", put that.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
I've definitely seen "US-90 E / US-98 E" in the client, but that may have been when shield generation was inactive/nonfunctional/not automatic. So I suppose it's inconclusive.

Either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!