This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CBenson wrote:Something seems to have changed here for me. ..
I will need to test in order to agree. I know the last day or two, search has gotten wonky. There was one search phrase I entered which caused the autofill results to rotate between what looked to be 3 or 4 different sets of results constantly, without me changing or typing anything. It just kept switching and showing me different autofill lists over and over. I think there have been reports of this happening to other people too.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by berestovskyy
CBenson wrote:Is there currently a way to distinguish between a house number that has been explicitly entered or updated by a Waze community member and a house number that was obtained from an external source in the WME house number layer.
Every house number has an updatedBy field and it's set to null if the house number is imported (i.e. not added by an editor). I was looking into that at ROW server, but I guess the same applies for US.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Are you and Ohad saying this is how it currently works? If so I must be confused.

What does "that will well be the navigation target" or "that house will be navigation target" mean? Are you saying that waze is using its own internal house numbers for these results? If so that is not consistent with my experience.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Well why would we have the problem in the thread that pointed me over here, if we can get waze database results. No matter how I type in "1558 Havenwood Dr, Oceanside, CA" to the client search, I can't get waze to route to Havenwood rather than Crescent Heights Dr.

There is a 1558 Havenwood in the waze address number layer. What do I need to search for to get the match to make that house the navigation target?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
So if I search for 1208 S Clearview Pkwy, I can only get the Google pin in the autocomplete results (regardless of whether I choose the New Orleans result that comes up first or wait and choose the Elmwood result that comes up if I start to type Elmwood). If I tap the search button with Elmwood added, I get only one result which takes me to the waze stop point.

Do anyone have an example where waze and Google have different locations for the same address string and waze will route to the waze pin?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
sketch wrote:Anyway, 4820 Richland Ave is giving the Waze result. The Google pin is right on the intersection with Rivage, but choosing the Instant result does give the Waze pin location in the middle of the dead-end block.
Thanks. Yep, 4820 Richland Ave, Metairie, LA does seem to give me the waze stop point in the client rather than the Google pin location. So some searches seem to comply with Ohad's statement.

OK, this is odd. 1558 Havenwood Dr, Oceanside, CA is now routing correctly for me to the waze stop point. I can't figure out what I did differently.

I'm also now getting the waze stop point from the search result for 503 E Edgewood Dr, Newberg, OR, but the Google pin if I select the autocomplete result. Again I don't know what I've done differently than before.

I'm rather disappointed that the search in WME and in the live map give the Google pin locations for all these addresses. That's going to make it more difficult to troubleshoot address issues.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I get the intersection when I select the search result:
Edgewood.png
(47.8 KiB) Downloaded 5774 times
Sorry about the typo, I am searching for 530 E Edgewood, Newberg, OR.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I get the same results on both my phone and my wife's phone. My wife has her own account that should not be connected to the beta search server.

I get the popup when I hit More>Show on map for a location result. Don't know why this comes up "Street/road without." When I do this with the autocomplete result, which shows in the Google pin location, the popup says "500- 512 E Newberg."
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Thanks for pressing on this issue.
Ohad on Waze HN source wrote:...we only take into account house numbers that a Waze community member explicitly entered or updated, and not house numbers that we obtained from possibly non-accurate external sources which have not been modified by an editor in WME. We trust you guys way more than we trust our external search providers which, in turn, we trust more than imported 3rd party data to our database.
Is there currently a way to distinguish between a house number that has been explicitly entered or updated by a Waze community member and a house number that was obtained from an external source in the WME house number layer.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
The image isn't showing for me.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message