Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by vectorspace
Helgramite wrote:Will there be a Mentee badge or Signature Icon ?
My guess would be "no" for a couple reasons.

First, badges are for Waze Community Roles. Being a "Mentee" is not a Waze Community role, it is a temporary activity while a person is in a Formal Mentoring activity. Secondly, there are already a defined set of other badges that apply to users as they gain more editing and community activity, such as Area Manager, Expert, Beta Tester, etc.

Being a Mentee could quickly and likely result in a new badge such as an AM or CM though!
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
skidoomxz01 wrote:Gentlemen and Ladies if they are here. After watching the Webinar this evening I had a few questions to ask, figured being as the mentor program kind of surrounds them all this would be a good place to start. ...
-Bruce
Bruce,

First off, thanks for the feedback. This is the kind of positively stated perception we can use. I agree with Sketch's comments too. Here's my perspective.

I'd say that that what you're experiencing is part of what happens when new things emerge -- we have not had time to think them all the way through and implement them in policy or procedure (e.g., Community discussion, Champ discussion, followed by Wiki).

The WME Chat is really a brand new game changer on the WME editor. It's a totally different mode of interaction. How we use it is a matter to be discovered. How we limit expectations of users so they are not frustrated is an issue. It probably becomes another time sink for senior editors. We may need other features.

Formal Mentoring has a lot of promise, but we've always been worried about its drawbacks. It is much more constrained than all the informal mentoring that can go on because its bandwidth is limited by the number of Mentors. There will likely be a waiting line. You should have had a response within about a week (I think), but we're still working on the process and who is going to staff that process.

The webinar held last night is another example of a great idea, but one that we're still learning how to create, operate, and deliver. The cool thing with On Air Hangout is that it is recorded, leaving behind some sort of library of potentially useful things. A problem is the core content that needs to be developed. We have a whole incomplete draft of lectures we wish to create. Making them takes time.

My guess is that a number of the Champ community is "spent" because 23 or 24 of us attended the 2014 North Amercian Meetup in Las Vegas with Waze Staff last weekend. That was a big investment of time some of us have to recover. In addition, like all of us with family, April / May tends to be busy with graduations, planning, etc.

With that set of insight back to you, I am sure we're dedicated to find a Mentor for you, set up whatever goals you have, like Rank-5, CM, or both, and have you join us helping others with some of the very issues you have seen!
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace