Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by qwaletee
OK, thanks for giving some context. Unfortunately, all those threads are locked away in the Champs forum. I have discussed with orbitc.

I do believe that most beginning editors are not really community-engaged. The newish chat feature helps, but it seems that most get involved after getting either a welcome or a slap on the wrist (or just trail off after having some fun for a few days or weeks).

Is this inteneded to overcome that barrier in a more consistent way?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
nnote wrote:
qwaletee wrote:
I do believe that most beginning editors are not really community-engaged.
Is this inteneded to overcome that barrier in a more consistent way?
I think it's an excellent way to get the 'community-engaged' spirit in local editors.
Every, and I mean literally every editor I'm aware of in AZ right now is a result of Me or someone I have reached out to, reaching out to a new editor and getting them involved in our local AZ community. And as I've told them, editing is no longer a lone-wolf mentality, it's all about a local team effort.
I also think it is a fantastic way, and as an area manager in a fairly active area, I often send out welcome notices, cc: my regional. I try to write them engagingly, and have developed some boilerplate. But if there was a polished presentation that I could just point to with a short welcome paragraph, it would be easier for me, and probably a LOT easier for some of the AMs who are not into writing.

My question was, really, is this prezo intended to be just that?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
You are welcome. Thanks for the shoutout.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
נועם חרוץ, מהיר, ומומחה
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Bigworm23 wrote:Mentoring isn't going to do much to retain any editors. I see many AMs and even my own RC that are not active at all. The rigidity of the rules regarding reviews, edits and incredible amount of time it takes just to move up in editor levels is the problem. I spent untold hours editing to get to 150k edits, had 2 different AM request reviews. The first review took 4 weeks and the second almost 5 weeks just to get a little square to edit. Then you have to wait 3 months, go thru another review that's going to take another 4-5 weeks just to get another small square. For editors that are not in NY or LA or a major city, this is a frustrating, long process. Not everyone has 7-8 hours a day to sit at the computer to edit like some of these guys racking up 100k points a week.
Actually, that's part of what Mentoring aims to do. Get the promotion process focused and jump-started. Was your regional coordinator involved in, or at least aware of, your AM assignment and expansion requests? An expansion especially should be fairly quick, if it is adjacent to your existing area.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by redviper26
Hey guys,

The second presentation is ready. This one is about community roles, and as with the previous one it's a basis for your changes and adjustments.

You'll need to ask for viewing permissions - I'll grant them of course :)

Let me know what you think,

Noam
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by redviper26
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Already implemented some of it, really good stuff.

A general comment - this is a "generic" presentation, meant to be modified and adjusted by editors depending on their community and country. So, the comment regarding regional managers is correct, but should probably be addressed by the US champ who'll use it.

I think the feedback regarding experts makes perfect sense and made some additions and adjustments accordingly.

Thanks,

Noam
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by redviper26
Hey qwaletee,

To give you some context: this is the second in a series of presentations meant for beginning editors, not drivers. I.e. users who are already engaged, and who are interested to move forward.

I suggest you read the threads and discuss with the participants to get a better sense.

Thanks,

Noam
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by redviper26
Hey guys,

We started uploading the new mentor badge.. Enjoy :)

Noam
redviper26
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by sketch
This program has a different, though related, goal—one-on-one relationships with willing editors to guide and teach them comprehensively the skills required to be an effective AM or CM. It's to be an alternative upgrade path to the existing avenues. It's more formal because the consequences are higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!