Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.

Waze US Webinars

Post by vectorspace
We periodically hold "webinars" for various topics. These are intended to be informative and instructional on topics of editing the map for beginners to advanced Wazers.

Look here in the future for updated information about the timing and details of these webinars. Information will change on this first post as webinars are announced, but may be repeated in subsequent message to refresh date of posting and alert others.

FUTURE WEBINARS:
None listed at this time.

PAST WEBINARS:

Topic: 102 - Roles & Ranks for Community & Editing
Archive Video URL: Google+ YouTube
Date: Thursday April 17th (Completed)
Start Time: 9 pm Eastern, 6 pm Pacific
Duration: About 25 minutes. No Q&A occurred.
Presenters: Vectorspace
Target Audience / Who should attend: Those interested in learning more about the Ranks and Roles in the Waze Editing Community to be more effective at editing.
Purpose: New editors, and even those who have some experience, are often confused about roles and ranks in the Waze Community and how they work. Some clarity should help you learn faster and have better interactions while editing.
Outline:
  • * Community Roles, Editing Roles, Editing Ranks
    * Why have roles and ranks? What are cones & badges?
    * Identifying who’s who in the Waze Community
    * Editing Rank
    * Client Application Rank
    * Editing Role examples
    * Community Role examples
If you haven't yet voted on the best time for you to attend webinars, please do so at the following link. You can pick any number of days and times that work for you.

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=86586

Because of the dynamic nature of this information, this forum will be purged of older messages so that we can focus on the more near-term activities.
vectorspace

POSTER_ID:4612247

Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
vickimachado wrote:Just want to post thanks to all for organizing these webinars. I generally won't be able to take part live because of the time difference (for most of the year we're three hours behind Pacific), but it's great to at least have this resource archived!
Appreciate the feedback! I wanted to mention that we intended to hold more of these, but the last couple months have been hectic and May, with end of school and graduations, is particularly bad. We'll start them up "soon." :)
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
calandraca wrote:Great presentation, I subscribed to the spanihs forum thread . Tahnks :)
Thanks. I am going to give that one again with an updated slide set and also, hopefully, some online interaction.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by vectorspace
Thanks... I need to figure out how to get On Air videos like this to have interactive Q&A via video and chat. Didn't work for this one, but it was our first attempt!
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace

Post by SkiDooGuy
Excellent presentation. Hope to see more of these more often! Thank you!
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by PesachZ
DwarfLord wrote:...

Even more confusing was that the meaning of the "Not identified" and "Solved" buttons is totally different depending on whether you are working a UR or an MP. If you are working a UR, "not identified" means you didn't nail it and "solved" means you did. But if you are working an MP, "not identified" means "escalate to a paid out-of-town editor of unknown skill with unpredictable results" and "solved" means either "I think I fixed it" or "consider this a bogus report and ignore it".
I was led to believe that the proper method for responding to Map Problems according to the wiki was to mark as Not Identified if there is no problem at that point, and to mark as Solved only if you actually made a change on the map to fix the problem. If you were unable to determine what the problem was or if it should be corrected, leave it marked as Open to let other editors see it.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.pngNYhttps://j.mp/1xPiWC8https://j.mp/1C9mUY2
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum