This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by sketch
krikketdoug wrote:
Bigbear3764 wrote:Don't go setting restrictions for trucks on these roads. Until waze has a setting on your phone to set what type of vehicle you are driving, setting any restriction will restrict all vehicles.
Wow. Good to know. I've been under the impression that the reason we can enter the data now is so it can be used when the feature is ready. And since there's no "truck" class to compare to, the data was just sitting in the background unused. Thank you for the heads-up! (I guess I was probably responsible for some problems a while back on people turning off North Ave between 83 and York in Elmhurst. The edits were months ago, and are now gone, I just double checked.)

Still, something to think about for the future.
As the two posts above indicate, this information is incorrect. The 'truck' restriction is currently ignored entirely. The only vehicle-type restriction that has any effect is "private vehicles". Essentially, every Waze client is currently a "private vehicle".

The whole reason the types are there is so we can populate the data before the feature hits the client (for once). I have set plenty of 'no trucks' and 'no buses' and 'bus only' around town. So, please, go ahead.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Can't believe I never thought of that before. Great idea. That should be very easy to program.

${typeRank}
/^9$/

That should do it. I hope to be able to spend some more time on the loc pack this coming week.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Absolutely. That's a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
TTS abbreviations aren't handled by the client, they're handled by the server. The client does cache TTS instructions, though, so old downloaded phrases might still be lingering in some clients.

"St." should be working as "Saint", so if there are places / street names it isn't working properly for, we need to know that.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Nice! I stopped working on this because only 5 checks were available in the loc pack and because I'd started working on some other things. I believe the limit has been raised to 10, however.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

t0cableguy
Send a message
I'm no longer editing. Please don't contact me with things regarding Waze, unless you want the info on how to take over the SE URcomments list. Then email or send me a message on GHO at gmail.com t0cableguy@