Hi and thanks for the feedback.
- We'll try to reproduce the reporting issue, but in general we did get feedback that it is hard to choose among the different types of reports. We will probably space them some more so it'll be easier.
- We do provide feedback when you choose something on screen or click on a button - you should see a green fill on the selected area. I guess you missed it (maybe the color is not clear enough?), or somehow it doesn't work for you?
- Traffic analysis is automatic, all you have to do is drive (and keep the app running
). We will soon enable the functionality that prompts you when the system detects a traffic jam you created. You will be able to approve, correct or just ignore the prompt. But in any case even now it's automatic and manual inputs are meant to increase the jam weight (i.e. help our algorithms) and add further information - so they do help!
- While we aim for a commuting application, we are still missing some key features which are planned for the next releases. Among these features are alternative routes and statistics. We are also thinking about adding different modes to the system (such as commute mode as you suggests).
More details on these features will come soon, but basically it should make it much easier to turn on the app and just be able to see stats on your commute route.
- About the map, could you provide some more feedback? Why exactly do you prefer Google's? Please note that we are using gray colors as the map itself is just a background and we'd like to put all the jams, users avatars, events in focus. As the traffic is still low in the US all you get is a gray map... as traffic grows it should look much better.
Thanks again for the feedback.