Joburg - Map Problems

Post by glipsie
Hi Wazers

Over the past week I've been concentrating my efforts on fixing map problems in the Joburg "Circle of Trust" (n1-n3-n17 boundary).
You can see progress here:
http://i.picasion.com/pic40/36c1a9f29920e730fe5b9c2fd4d2c965.gifmake an avatar

Mostly the map problems are because no junctions were made, others are red roads that haven't been mapped. Either way, each area that had a map problem was mapped out correctly. I did not, however, focus on fixing the City portion of already mapped roads.

My next phase will be fixing the CBD and going east towards the vale.

For those mapping -> if you've mapped a large area zoom out 5 levels, turn on the "Map Problems" layer and hit "Refresh". This will quickly show you any junctions you may have missed or roads that are not set on the correct level.

Some map problems that occur that aren't really a problem:
(1) - When there is already a junction. First check the connectivity, if the roads crossing this point are connected properly then you should be fine. The way to fix the problem is to change the geometry -> move the road away from the point, hit the refresh button, move the road back and hit refresh again. The problem should disappear. This seems to occur on nodes of (small?) roundabouts the most.
(31) - Sometimes when you join roads or delete roads their nodes are left behind. Move your intersection away from this point by changing the geometry of a road. Click "Remove node" and click on the map problem node. This should remove the phantom node and you can move your intersection back.
(999) - I haven't figured this one out yet. Sometimes moving the geometry of the offramp/road it joins to can fix the problem. A problem exists at the M1 Glenhove offramp if someone wants to give it a go.

Thats it from me
Happy wazing
Glipsie
glipsie

POSTER_ID:1493970

Send a message

Post by umzimb33t
When I choose navigation using the the M1 South, Waze directs you to take the Glenhove Rd offramp and then get back onto the freeway at the 11 Ave onramp. Has anyone else experienced this?
How do I fix this issue or get it fixed?

Regards
Umzimb33t
umzimb33t
Send a message