Mapping Pretoria

Post by takuarc
Hello!

LET'S MAP PRETORIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please leave your username and the area/s you want to contribute in your replies.
For starters, I am at Murrayfield, so I will be mapping its surroundings (La Montagne etc)

Lets get Waze up to standard!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The off-the-shelf GPSs are great but let's face it, how many people actually use them on a regular basis?
Reason being? Well, a GPS devise leads you from A to B and back. That's it!! So if you know the route, there is no reason to turn it on.

With Waze, there are so much more out there. Munchies, chit chats, mapping, ranks, reporting road hazards, live traffic etc etc. There are just so many reasons to turn it on.

As a fellow Waze user (or Wazer), I am sure you have encountered several instances of wanting to go to one place but ended up being led closeby but not really there! Well, that is because there are insufficient data for Waze to figure out where you are going so in its attempt not to disappoint, it leads you somewhere closeby.

Before you throw your smartphone out the window, keep in mind that this is a social GPS. Meaning, WE, the users, own the maps!!!! We are the mappers, we have total control on how the maps would look like and the amount of details in it.

So lets DRIVE and improve Waze to a point where it is actually reliable!! As a Pretoria Wazer, I would like to invite fellow Wazers to join me to map Pretoria!!!
takuarc

POSTER_ID:3374680

Send a message