Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by ManicMinor
I have repaired the Rivonia Offramp again (the bits that actually go to Witkopen Road) Still not sure what went wrong for it to become so messed up. I locked all the one-way roads in the area, because I think the auto map updates might have had something to do with the problems at the interchange.

Rivonia Road itself and its immediate area still seems to require a lot of work, but I will leave that to someone that actually knows that area.
ManicMinor
Send a message

Post by mithrandi
Nice work :) I'd been planning to get to that intersection sooner or later, but I'd been working on other things; I've also been on somewhat of a "hiatus" as far as Wazing goes, but I'm back now. It's definitely great to see other people working on things, though; keep up the good work!
mithrandi
Send a message
Tristan Seligmann
AM: Johannesburg, South Africa
Community expert: South Africa (client / Android / editing / routing)
Android 4.1 / HTC One X

Post by MoHaG
For Buccleuch: The Intersection POI might make sense to use, rater than the City field?

(If you have, time, cleaning up the N1 between Buccleuch and where I stopped (a short distance from where I could no longer delete roads - somewhere in Midrand) would also be nice)

(My N1 edits might need the adding of direction (N/S) and possibly the long and blocking my view of map names to the Alt name field (Dawie Joubert and Ben Schoeman in my area) ) Getting the naming simple helps for getting rid of the unnecessary intersections that was present which makes editing hard (Intersections should only exist at on and off-ramps unless there is a good reason (Change of city far from intersection / dual carriageway merging))
MoHaG
Send a message
Former Area Manager for Centurion / Southern Pretoria

Post by MoHaG
Getting rid of junctions makes most editing, including connectivity easier... ("Enable all turns" work 90% of the time...)

The restricted turns layer also helps for that.

Waze can actually get me to work currently (Form Lyttleton Manor > Highveld in Centurion), but we'll need more users for it to actually do a good job at avoiding traffic.

(I see you don't have permissions far enough to help fix the N1 from where my area ends..)
MoHaG
Send a message

Post by MoHaG
dmcconachie wrote:Enable all turns works 100% of the time for me! Don't judge this with the Restricted Turns layer which is known to be broken! Make sure to use the Highlight Connectivity option instead though note that occasionally this requires a quick zoom in and out by one level to refresh the highlights!
The Restricted turns layer helps to find the problematic areas in many cases...

There are some valid turn restrictions though... (such as U-turns where dual-carriageways merge and turns where slipways are present)
MoHaG
Send a message

Post by spxza
My apologies about the unrelated topic, but I think some of you may have permissions over this area. I didn't want to create a new topic, and no-one is responding to my update request.:
Jan Smuts & William Nicol Intersection is screwed. Can someone with permissions please fix it. I used the routing for the first time this morning and it want to take me on a rather strange route. The intersection needs to be created, and all the minor tracks removed.

Kthnxbye
spxza
Send a message

Post by stevenhaywood
Hi
I cleaned up Jan smuts and wm nicol as per your request a while ago ;) hope it is routing properly now

I am AM for most of the joburg area inside the freeway circle and a bit outside as well. I'm concentrating on user reports and map problems when I have time, and also tidying up connectivity. Please feel free to use the update request in your client and give as much info as possible. Also feel free to pm me here...
stevenhaywood
Send a message

Post by stevenhaywood
On it...
stevenhaywood
Send a message

Post by waynemcdougall
You're not talking to yourself. Admiring your work from afar. Hope to take advantage of it someday. Want to host the Commonwealth Games?
waynemcdougall
Send a message
Waze User Manuals, Map Editing guide and support at http://www.waze.com/wiki
Wayne McDougall
Make Friends with me on Facebook and we'll compete against each other on the Scoreboard
http://www.facebook.com/wayne.w.mcdougall