Post by mithrandi
I'm an area manager in... I dunno, it seems like most of Johannesburg up to Midrand (but not including most of Midrand). Definitely a much larger area than I thought I had requested, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with that :)

I've mostly been focusing on the Randburg / Bryanston / Sandton areas as these are the ones I know the best, but I handle all the pending deletions that show up for me, and also try to deal with all update requests as far as I can.
mithrandi
Send a message
Tristan Seligmann
AM: Johannesburg, South Africa
Community expert: South Africa (client / Android / editing / routing)
Android 4.1 / HTC One X

Post by MoHaG
I might have permissions on some small parts of Midrand, I'm mainly area manager of Centurion (and accidentally most of Southern Pretoria, but I'm not that active editing it...)
MoHaG
Send a message
Former Area Manager for Centurion / Southern Pretoria

Post by MoHaG
I had several roads pending deletion tin the area. Made them somewhat harder to ignore...
MoHaG
Send a message

Post by MoHaG
Yes, I got it down to 2 segements that way.... (And adding them to the highway is quite hard, and finding places where legitimate roads are needed without properly naming them, etc might just create more incorrectly labelled roads)

I can also move them to my area, but the current way might encourage the relevant area managers to watch their pending deletion list... (Some of the were pending for weeks.) (I could also waste 10 minutes to move them to my area, but I think encouraging the area managers to do their work might be more effective in the long term)

<edit>I also PMd the area managers to accept the pending deletions, but that didn't seem to work (only mithrandi who didn't have access to the entire area replied and deleted some of them) (some of the might have been marked after the PMs, missing short segments are easy when the entire area around the N1 is full of extra roads)</edit>
MoHaG
Send a message
Last edited by MoHaG on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MoHaG
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and found that making a problem annoying to the ones that can fix it, gets it solved quicker...

(There seemed to be about 5 area managers IIRC)

I might eventually apply for a bigger area, but currently there is enough things to sort out in my area without adding more things to worry about.

Outside Centurion / southern Pta I mostly try to fix up the freeways / major roads without worrying too much about the rest. (Freeways queueing false lines next to it for cleanup)
MoHaG
Send a message

Post by stevenhaywood
Hiya
There may be some overlap with me, not sure how far north my area goes :) I'm doing the greater joburg area...
stevenhaywood
Send a message

Post by stevenhaywood
Haha ambitious yes, but it's not like I have it exclusively ;) lots of others contributing, I had a much smaller area originally but got frustrated with not being able to fix stuff I knew was wrong... I'll never manage it alone but I don't have to :)
stevenhaywood
Send a message

Post by stevenhaywood
Sorry guys. I have been stupidly busy at work in the last month or so and have not had time during the day like I normally do to check pending requests as usual. I've worked down the backlog in my area... Mohag you keep me busy!!! ;)
stevenhaywood
Send a message