94.7 Cycle Challenge

Post by ChrisFromZA
Hi guys,

List of restrictions
It seems like it would actually be possible to put in restrictions using the new time based restrictions.

All you have to do is set the time range as per the pdf and then set the date range from the 17th of Nov to the 17th of Nov. I hope some of my changes can still make the map update before this sunday.
ChrisFromZA
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:1739154

Send a message
Area manager: Johannesburg, Boksburg, Westonaria, Kimberley - South Africa
Hardware: Samsung Galaxy SIII
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by elphix
Hi achuman,

Unfortunately I missed this, any reports on how it was client side?

Kyle
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
What I would suggest is that we handle it via Mega Traffic Events for next year.
Unfortunately, the route map was not available when I checked it out earlier. By the time this was posted, I also did not have much free time at home and can unfortunately not access the Google Doc from work, apart from the fact that we likely need to give Waze somewhat more of a heads-up regarding closures etc.

The benefit of handling it as an event is that Wazers in the vicinity will get live notifications, routes and road closures is handled in the back-end without the need for us to fiddle with the map to return it to a 'usable' state afterwards. I understand that parking facilities for the event can also be done, indicating where park is available for contestants etc.

You can check out some other events at the Waze Mega World Traffic Events web page.

I'm not sure if Momentum or 94.7 would have any issues with us covering the event in a non-official capacity, or whether Waze can perhaps get some bonus mentions & visibilty around this.
MapIT was one of the 'official' partners with quite a decent site and support around it, but seems more focused on the actual contestants instead of the other road users. From what I can see they are powered by Tom-Tom, so there might be some 'documentation' with a few signatures in place ..

I'll pop a mail off to the organisers and see if we get some positive feedback. In the end, we'll likely still cover it no matter what they say ;)
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing