Multiple Editors same Map Issue

Post by CrimsonZA
Hi I just wanted to know what the protocol is when other users act on Map issues you're trying to solve?
CrimsonZA

POSTER_ID:11522547

Send a message

Post by CrimsonZA
I'd like to thank PDreyer(1?) for closing my MP... I owe you one, seriously I'm gonna look for one and take it over (as a favour to you).
CrimsonZA
Send a message

Post by elphix
LeighGr wrote:There aren't many active editors in South Africa, so we need to work together and not against one another.
I agree with this 100% as well as not closing the URs. I for one am more attracted to URs that have comments to see what the outstanding issue or comment is. Sometimes it's as simple as an editor saying there is a locked segment that they can't do anything about (also having not posted an unlock request). In a case like that I'll do the unlock and leave it for a week or so. If there is no activity after that I'll fix it myself and close the report. This really comes back to editors not visiting the forums.

I've heard murmurings of editors having a list of URs to keep track of comments in WME etc but haven't seen anything implemented.
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
This seems to be occurring more often, and really cheeses me off. I've had two in the past month.

Send a PM to the offending editor, stating that you aren't happy with their action, ask for an explanation, and for them to play nicely and not close URs that have conversations without consulting with the original editor.

It has been suggested in the forums that only the editor that started the conversation, or a higher ranked editor be allow to close the UR. Not sure how far they've got with that idea.

There aren't many active editors in South Africa, so we need to work together and not against one another.

Leigh
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LeighGr
elphix wrote:I've heard murmurings of editors having a list of URs to keep track of comments in WME etc but haven't seen anything implemented.
In WME 1.6, closed URs remain on the display for about a month, and editors need to use addins such as URO+ to hide these closed URs.

Doesn't really help if we can't unsolve the URs that have been closed by overly eager new editors that don't bother reading the comments. Had one this morning. Not impressed
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by RodNav
Gerald_Snyman wrote:Got to go edit some more ^^,
May I invite you to join "Waze Editors Anonymous" ?
You're obviously addicted! :lol:

(Be warned - you won't be cured)
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by RooikatTV_YouTube
I agree that closing a UR prematurely is frustrating. On my road trip I posted numerous reports as reminders for me that I wished to work on. Many are closed while names needs to be altered, etc.

Anyway, I also agree with Kyle to give time for the initial editor to fix the problem. Users tend to not responding to the editor's comment. Although, according to Waze, 7 days are enough time to keep a report open. Where I too see what should be done. Then again, I found that users tend to want to report something, then change their minds, and ending up with a "general problem". Many told me that the report was a mistake. Then if an editor did respond to the general report with no additional information, then I look at the area, look at the GPS recording of the user, if everything seems in order, then I mark it as not identified.

It's really annoying to see all these UR's over Gauteng. Difficult to keep track where I have visited.

Gosh, I work as fast as I can. Yet, it seems like nothing gets done. What a wealth of data to work trough! Got to go edit some more ^^,
RooikatTV_YouTube
Send a message
Gerald Snyman
AM: Pretoria West, Pretoria, RSA
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by RooikatTV_YouTube
RodNav wrote: May I invite you to join "Waze Editors Anonymous" ?
You're obviously addicted! :lol: (Be warned - you won't be cured)
Someone with 200k+ edits should know, right??? :lol: :mrgreen:

I just wish to Waze to be renamed to Utopia.. I want to help make it THAT good :D
RooikatTV_YouTube
Send a message
Gerald Snyman
AM: Pretoria West, Pretoria, RSA
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png