Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Bellville to Robertson

Post by Getheron
When I try to find a route from Bellville to Robertson Waze ignore the obvious shortest route through Worcester. It is as if Waze is unable to calculate a route over a certain distance when a couple of smaller roads are present, like i.e. the turnoff into Worcester and then pass Klein Plasie. It left me with a red face while trying to brag about Waze. But sure enough when you go, Worcester Robertson, Waze shows the correct route. And then I drove from Bellville to Ceres, the same thing. It is as if Waze could not find the shortest routes , like Google does, and only catches up while driving on the specific route and then it shows the faster time, but could not see it beforehand. I thought that some roads were not edited properly, but I could not find a problem there, Wow this is a bummer!
Getheron

POSTER_ID:16829862

Send a message

Post by elphix
Hi Getheron,

I've been having a look at the routing options in SA and believe what you're experiencing relates to the clasification of roads by their type. Head over to the discussion at THIS FORUM if you're interested.

Kyle
elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by elphix
Is there a quicker route than the attached that I'm not aware of?

elphix
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Getheron
Thx for the reply sir.
But there is not a solution. Even try Paarl WCape to Robinson WCape. Waze ignores the obvious route through Worcester WCape. Now this is a big problem for me, it makes me uneasy to use waze. How can we expect people to use Waze and for me to try to propagate it if Waze cannot find the correct route from a straight forward place like Paarl to Robertson. Obviously the problem is at the algorithm level that Waze’s uses, how to calculate the routes, and I have read the documentation about Waze using different types of roads at different km. We must get the programmers involved to rectify this, the European situation is quite different than in SA and Australia. Why should I double check a route i.e. in google maps, this is not on. If the Wazer’s community take their product seriously we should look into this basic fault and reprogram Waze.
Getheron
Send a message

Post by Getheron
Somehow thew problem seems to be corrected. Thx for the miracle worker.
When I route from Bellville to Robertson (WC)I do get the shortest route now, :D.
Getheron
Send a message