Traffic roundabouts in Milner rd

Post by edkin
Newby here so I may be asking a dumb question. The inquiry regards a missing traffic circle in Claremont that isn't in Waze.

The one at the junction of Milner and Cleveland doesnt exist in Waze but its a very small roundabout. Is it worth editing the map or not. The conundrum is that there is a similar roundabout about 200 m south at the junction of Brevet and Milner roads. https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env= ... 421&zoom=8.

Does Waze have a limitation on the size of the circle i.e. if its below a minimum size than Waze doesnt recognise it?
P.S. Hope I got the url correct!!!
edkin

POSTER_ID:3003637

Send a message

Post by edkin
Hi leighGr.
Thanks for your respnse. I'll make it a circle then.
There is another even smaller circle at the junction of Coniston and Ave de Mist An even smaller circle.

I tried changing this into a circle some time ago but whatever I tried Waze wouldnt accept my changes. I'll try again and if I dont come right I'll give you a call for help.

regards
ed
edkin
Send a message

Post by edkin
Ok. Done. It was easier than I expected. Thanks for your help
edkin
Send a message

Post by LeighGr
Your permalink works just fine, though if you want to, you can change the description of the link using the following notation:

Code: Select all

[url=https.....]Fancy new description[/url]
so you could have possible missing circle?, which in the editor looks like

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env=row&lon=18.48625&lat=-33.97940&layers=421&zoom=8]possible missing circle?[/url]
Back to your question, this junction can certainly be a circle. It's the painted traffic circles that are all over JHB and PTA that should not be created as circles. In my mind, if you can drive straight over it without damaging your car, then it isn't a circle, otherwise it is!

LeighGr.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling
Redmi 8, Android 10.0.0, Waze: Whatever the latest beta is!
LC: South Africa
CM: Southern Africa

Post by LeighGr
edkin wrote:Hi leighGr.
Thanks for your respnse. I'll make it a circle then.
There is another even smaller circle at the junction of Coniston and Ave de Mist An even smaller circle.

I tried changing this into a circle some time ago but whatever I tried Waze wouldnt accept my changes. I'll try again and if I dont come right I'll give you a call for help.

regards
ed
No problem. I'll have a look when I get into the office.

Leigh

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling

Post by LeighGr
Pleasure. Those both look fine.

Leigh.
LeighGr
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Leigh Greyling